Connecting to solo wifi

Reaction score
hi guys, I just got my Solo. I've charged up both the controller and the battery as per the instructions. I have powered on the controller and the drone. When I go to connect to solo wifi to update, there is no option for sololink_####, in fact only my home wifi shows up in the list.... Am I doing something wrong?

You are doing everything right. It should show up automatically like all other 802.11 wifi

You are doing everything right. It should show up automatically like all other 802.11 wifi
Yeah I think there is a problem with it which is highly annoying since I literally haven't done anything with it yet. I think the problem is with the controller, I can turn the controller on, and it goes to the "pre-flight update required" screen, but I cannot turn the controller off again. If I hold the power button it simply does a quick vibrate and nothing changes. Pulling the battery out turns it off, but when I power it on again I get the same startup and it will not turn off

I agree. Sounds like defective controller. Did you buy it at a place you can exchange easy like best buy?

I agree. Sounds like defective controller. Did you buy it at a place you can exchange easy like best buy?
I bought it online from a store here in Canada called London Drugs. I suppose I can return it, but I'll have to check out the details on how to do that.... Highly disappointing to say the least...

Sorry man. This is not common issue. Test with another device if you can.

Sorry man. This is not common issue. Test with another device if you can.
I tried using both my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 4s, neither see any solo wifi link. It has to be the controller as nothing I do short of pulling the battery turns it off. The controller will even say "controller inactive, powering down" if left for a length of time but never turns off.

Great news! After reading this post:

http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/controller-will-not-power-off-no-wifi-from-solo.252/

I was able to get my controller working properly (it now powers off correctly and the wifi works) and update solo and the controller and take my first flight! Man was it ever awesome!

Seems like 3dr need to do some quality control on their controller manufacturing process, I'm kind of worried about something else going wrong with the controller... Especially if it should happen mid flight

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo