[CLOSED] Looking to buy stock Solo & gimbal

Reaction score
Hi all, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I'm looking for a Solo with gimbal, preferrably new, to replace my first (and only) UAV, which crashed in June when it decided to RTB through a tree canopy. I was helping a friend inspect his roof after a storm and, like they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

The bundle I bought included an insurance/repair plan, so I sent it back to the seller in the hopes of either getting it fixed or being sent a new/refurb unit. Unfortunately, they don't have any in stock anymore.

I know/can see there are already a number for sale on here, and I'm going to keep my eyes open, but my hope is to find a simple, stock replacement. I still have the controller, batteries, propellers, and backpack that came with the original kit, plus the GPS mod and shield I picked up (and never installed) and my GoPro... just need a new quadrotor to use 'em with.

Thanks,

Need a backpack kit or just the bird in the pressboard box?

Ideally just the bird and gimbal, since I already have all the other bits from the one that went down. But I'd consider a backpack kit if the price was reasonable.

cjkershner-
You can put your controller, battery charger and controller charger up for sale and recoup a few bucks to apply to a new unit. If you decide to purchase the Solo/Gimbal/Backpack; you could also sell your first backpack? Every dollar helps.

I had considered doing that, USMC86. I though replace-and-reuse would be the best path forward, but you think going with a completely new backpack bundle is the better option?

It could be- have to keep that option opened knowing you can get $40-$50 for controller, probably $80 for backpack , $30 for battery charger and $20 for controller charger. You will keep your extra batteries so you may even consider keeping your battery charger so you can charge two batteries at the same time. I paid $599 in Jan 2018 for the Solo/Gimbal/Backpack and never opened it. My 4 “ flyers “ are dependable and show no signs of failure at this moment. A bunch of used Solos out there- some new ones too.

I had considered doing that, USMC86. I though replace-and-reuse would be the best path forward, but you think going with a completely new backpack bundle is the better option?

I have 3 backup sets new/never used/in boxes in addition to my primary and secondary birds. I was planning to put them up on eBay this weekend, but I could sell them to you directly and avoid fees, or you could buy one there. I am going to sell them as sets of:

- Stock Solo, factory new sealed contents except original batteries removed from box for long term safe storage

- Factory sealed Gimbal

- Factory sealed extended life controller battery (original controller battery included, never used)

- 3 factory sealed flight batteries

- 6 additional factory sealed prop sets

- factory sealed 3DR leg extenders

One of the sets will also be listed with an unused 3DR backpack with tags intact.

$650 & actual shipping - firm

Based on your situation, I would be willing to split one set up (otherwise I'm keeping them as sets) for slightly less.

Please PM me if interested.

Ed Carter

P.S. I'm sorry to hear about your crash and vendor failure to fulfill your insurance claim...

Hi all, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I'm looking for a Solo with gimbal, preferrably new, to replace my first (and only) UAV, which crashed in June when it decided to RTB through a tree canopy. I was helping a friend inspect his roof after a storm and, like they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

The bundle I bought included an insurance/repair plan, so I sent it back to the seller in the hopes of either getting it fixed or being sent a new/refurb unit. Unfortunately, they don't have any in stock anymore.

I know/can see there are already a number for sale on here, and I'm going to keep my eyes open, but my hope is to find a simple, stock replacement. I still have the controller, batteries, propellers, and backpack that came with the original kit, plus the GPS mod and shield I picked up (and never installed) and my GoPro... just need a new quadrotor to use 'em with.

Thanks,
I have mine up 4 sale with 3 batteries and working gimbal $280. OBO.

Hi all,

I'm marking this thread as [CLOSED]. CartersFARM went above and beyond parting out one of his Solo kits at a very reasonable price to replace exactly what I'd lost. I can't speak highly enough about dealing with him, suffice to say he's a true gentleman.

I need to give the recent arrival a test flight (when the weather cooperates), but everything looks good; he did a phenomenal job packing all the bits and pieces and getting it shipped ASAP. And it's a genuine thrill to pull a new Solo out of the box... maybe that's because I've only owned the one previously, but still.

Thanks to Ed for getting me in the air again. And thanks to everyone else here for continuing to be a great, supportive Solo community.

Reactions: DRSEnabled
Hi all,

I'm marking this thread as [CLOSED]. CartersFARM went above and beyond parting out one of his Solo kits at a very reasonable price to replace exactly what I'd lost. I can't speak highly enough about dealing with him, suffice to say he's a true gentleman.

I need to give the recent arrival a test flight (when the weather cooperates), but everything looks good; he did a phenomenal job packing all the bits and pieces and getting it shipped ASAP. And it's a genuine thrill to pull a new Solo out of the box... maybe that's because I've only owned the one previously, but still.

Thanks to Ed for getting me in the air again. And thanks to everyone else here for continuing to be a great, supportive Solo community.

You are very welcome CJ and I'm glad I was able to help out. You too were great to work with and are also a gentleman that I'm glad to have met through our forum - what a fantastic community! Here's to never needing a replacement again and happy flying, Ed

Reactions: DRSEnabled
I have 3 backup sets new/never used/in boxes in addition to my primary and secondary birds. I was planning to put them up on eBay this weekend, but I could sell them to you directly and avoid fees, or you could buy one there. I am going to sell them as sets of:

- Stock Solo, factory new sealed contents except original batteries removed from box for long term safe storage

- Factory sealed Gimbal

- Factory sealed extended life controller battery (original controller battery included, never used)

One of the sets will also be listed with an unused 3DR backpack with tags intact.

Based on your situation, I would be willing to split one set up (otherwise I'm keeping them as sets) for slightly less.

Ed Carter

P.S. I'm sorry to hear about your crash and vendor failure to fulfill your insurance claim...

- Factory sealed Gimbal

Ed Carter

How much for the gimbal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo