Camera feed issues

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been getting some issues which are becoming more and more difficult to work around - and are getting worse.

Basically, I am getting the 'rolling-shutter' effect on the tablet. This is when the whole display (including the GoPro recording info, etc) rolls around. I also am getting quite a bit of packet loss corruption (blocky squares, etc). And now, I am getting complete black screens. This is happening before I even take-off. I have at times got perfect display, and I do manage to fly upto a max of 1000ft over fields in the middle of nowhere (keeping good signal all the way) flying in very low wifi congested areas.

I have had a gimbal replacement not all that long ago (a few weeks or so) and have had this problem all the way. I have tried a second gimbal, and no difference at all.

I am running a Nexus7 (2013) as my display and a GoPro 3+Black. Everything is updated to the latest firmware where possible.

can anyone help? Could there be a fault in Solo or the controller itself? I have even tried using the Wifi_Fix_V2 created by Jason on Facebook (Solo Mod Group) to see if that would help. Took it out today, no no joy.

Usually the problem is with the HDMI cable connecting the gimbal to Solo. Check the connections especially at the circuit board to make sure they are tight. Sometimes a new cable cures that problem. The 3+ series of phones seem to have "issues" even though they are supposed to work. Have you contacted tech support?

I use that same tablet with no problems.

Forgot to mention that, the HDMI cable is the thin ribbin cable from relish3D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44