Cable Cam, Selfie and Orbit - Play ?

Reaction score
OK after a few flights I decided to give this a try. Have to say its pretty impressive although they really don't function very well without the gimbal since you can't tilt camera.

I noticed in the videos Colin talked about hitting "play" to run the course or manually controlling with the sticks.

I ran through the manual control without issues but did not see play and I don't remember seeing anything in the manual but could be wrong.

Did I miss it or did play not make it to the final release yet?

Could he be referring to the "FLY" Button as "PLAY"
literature from site under smart shots for Selfie: - "Put Solo on the ground in front of you with the camera facing you. Tap Selfie, press Fly and Solo will take off with the camera pointed at you, then fly back and up"

Fly seemed to take it out of the advanced modes and back to fly normal.

Reactions: DodgeP
cool, keep us updated would be nice to know once gimball arrives (next summer) and are we are able to use the features.

I'm just over here cruising the threads and gaining knowledge until i receive my pre order from B&H. ;)

There are sometimes some buttons on the app. But I have not found or used a play button....just the right stick.

In orbit you have to click on a button in the app to set the start point, but I still did not find a play button, or a way to change the radius, besides the sticks.

OK after a few flights I decided to give this a try. Have to say its pretty impressive although they really don't function very well without the gimbal since you can't tilt camera.

I noticed in the videos Colin talked about hitting "play" to run the course or manually controlling with the sticks.

I ran through the manual control without issues but did not see play and I don't remember seeing anything in the manual but could be wrong.

Did I miss it or did play not make it to the final release yet?

In orbit, you hit either of the curved arrows at the bottom center of the screen. One is pointing left, the other is pointing right. Those are essentially the play buttons. You press the button on the side that corresponds with the direction you want solo to orbit in.

I'm pretty sure these are the play buttons. I only did an orbit shot once simply because I'm still getting a feel for how Solo operates with just using the sticks.

orbit1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RichWest
Makes perfect sense. The manual says you can do it either via app or stick so I assumed those triangles just moved it manually !

Makes perfect sense. The manual says you can do it either via app or stick so I assumed those triangles just moved it manually !
Ok, my first try at Selfie.....missed the part where it says to point the nose at you. Hit the play and it went backwards and of course I'm right next to the house. Came very close to bashing the house as I hit the pause button. :eek:Think I'll go try in the pasture next time!

I like how you can control the radius and altitude while in orbit with the sticks. This will be awesome with the gimbal.

In orbit, you hit either of the curved arrows at the bottom center of the screen. One is pointing left, the other is pointing right. Those are essentially the play buttons. You press the button on the side that corresponds with the direction you want solo to orbit in.

I'm pretty sure these are the play buttons. I only did an orbit shot once simply because I'm still getting a feel for how Solo operates with just using the sticks.

View attachment 136
Am I missing something or what? Maybe this has to do with no gimbal. Can you record video to your device? Hadnt payed attention but I have only flown the Solo a handful of times. Is the supposed to be a record button on the live view screen?

Am I missing something or what? Maybe this has to do with no gimbal. Can you record video to your device? Hadnt payed attention but I have only flown the Solo a handful of times. Is the supposed to be a record button on the live view screen?
If you have an apple product you can record to your camera roll. It is not available yet in Android.

Reactions: DodgeP
If you have an apple product you can record to your camera roll. It is not available yet in Android.
Kinda figured that. I attempted to try it on my IPad just to see, no go. IPad mini only. Thanks Miken

I know for a fact that my iPad Mini 2 auto records; to the device, any smart short that I setup and execute but that's because I have it setup in the 3DR software to do so. The play button activates the record function on the device. I just checked my camera roll and I also have short videos of when Solo is just on the ground so I think the red soft button on the screen (when in Fly mode), records to the device, while in normal flight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44