Pin 1 - 88 Pin 11​
Pin 2 - 88 Pin 10​
Pin 3 - GND​
Pin 4 - 8A Pin 32 (PWM Signal)​
Pin 5 - Unknown or Not Used​
Pin 6 - Unknown or Not Used​
Pin 7 - 88 Pin 28​
Pin 8 - 88 Pin 27​

I've attached pictures of the two atmel chips. The pin numbering on the atmel chips is clockwise, with pin 1 near the Circle/white dot.

It should also be noted that there are six copper pads on the PCB, each pad is connected to it's corresponding pin excluding pins 5 and 6.

@tngo, there are two chips on the ESC which can be flashed. To access them you need to hookup to the copper pads which are appropriately labeled for each chip. Check out the images.

Hi there,

Really old at this stage I know, but am I right in thinking so that to use an alternative ESC, it's only a matter of using a SimonK flashed ESC, 3 x motor wires, 2 x power connected, and then from the small cable, connect GND to GND on the new ESC, and the red wire from the solo cable (no. 1) to the white/orange wire of the new ESC, with no others from the solo connected, and that should work?

Many thanks if you get to reply, Luke

Last edited:
it's only a matter of using a SimonK flashed ESC
Reading back through this thread, I believe it is a special recipe for the SimonK/SOLO flash, but yes SimonK compatable. As it is, most everyone in this thread has moved on from Solo...

Another user has a larger quad, @mike_kelly would be familiar with what works today...

As well there are other threads discussing ESC alternatives, "FrankenSolo" and Mike's "Son of FrankenSolo" are a couple off the top of my head.

Many thanks for that. I'll look for those threads as it is a frankensolo type machine I'm considering.
Regards, Luke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela