Best Go pro settings with Solo until gimbal arrives?

Reaction score
I'll probably be using that other quad unfortunately for my stable footage this evening, still plan on taking some with solo even if not ideal. I've been flying a lot today already with mixed results. So what Gopro settings seem to be providing the best results for folks struggling to get some useable footage while we wait for our gimbals. I've got some decent and some not results from solo so far and was just curious what others thought worked best for them in bright or dark conditions.

Thanks and have a great safe night hope to see some great vids tomorrow.
Andrew

Anyone know how to turn off the go pro settings so I don't have the length of the video and resolution setting on video from Solo?

Thanks!
Happy 4th

I'll probably be using that other quad unfortunately for my stable footage this evening, still plan on taking some with solo even if not ideal. I've been flying a lot today already with mixed results. So what Gopro settings seem to be providing the best results for folks struggling to get some useable footage while we wait for our gimbals. I've got some decent and some not results from solo so far and was just curious what others thought worked best for them in bright or dark conditions.

Thanks and have a great safe night hope to see some great vids tomorrow.
Andrew

Anyone know how to turn off the go pro settings so I don't have the length of the video and resolution setting on video from Solo?

Thanks!
Happy 4th
Go into your settings on the GoPro and turn off OSD.

1080P 60fps seems pretty good. Medium fov.

That's what I've been using more than not with good results then earlier while it was mid day and sunny I recorded my kids and a fire just messing around and it was terrible for some reason. Thanks for the response I'll have to experiment more seemed like 720 at I think 30 looked much better the other day than today's but the weathers been so bad and inconsistent I've not had much time to test and I always have used a gimbal on my other quad so haven't had to worry to much about jello or stability. The h3-3d seems to make most anything usable for what I'm doing anyway. It'd be nice to fly it under solo till their gimbals release even without tilt but guess I can wait, hope end of julys still the plan.

this is what i am useing

Thanks maybe was just lighting or I accidentally switched a setting when messing with time lapse earlier. I'll keep with this setup then most likely since others have had good luck with it like I had before the vid earlier, kinda sucks though it would have been a good vid but it's probably unusable with how unstable it was. Maybe that cable was tight or my mount loose I think I'm going to experiment with some of my go pro mounts or some different materials to dampen a big tomorrow as well if it doesn't rain all day.

1080 60fps works well. 120fps does too. Also Warp stabilizer works well in premiere to help a bit.

Ryan G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M