Battery Issue

Reaction score
Sanctuary Point South Coast NSW Australia.
Hi all, this is very strange but i flew this morning landing with about 20% battery left, powered down and swapped over to a freshly charged battery (was done the day before) and powered back up only to find about 2 led's lighted and the controller telling me insufficient power to fly, so i switched off and waited and switched on again same thing. So I thought best thing is to go home and try and sort out problem.
I got home and thought i will download the Camera footage from the first Battery, took the Hero 4 out and plugged it into the PC only to find that the Camera was still switched on......strange, so I powered it down and downloaded it and put it back into sole. Meanwhile my supposedly Crook battery I now attempted to charge it and it wouldn't charge, so I put it into solo and switched on solo and Bingo full set of led's and everything OK.
I deduce from this when the first battery was changed the Go-pro didn't turn off and remained on its own power and that stopped the second battery from being recognised as a full battery. I will do some more checks into this but has anyone experienced this type of behaviour?
Footnote at the beginning I let solo power the Go-pro up I didn't power it up separately.

I don't think the GoPro had anything to do with the battery issue. It sounds more likely to me that you grabbed the wrong battery. Or it was simply a fluke that you'll never be able to repeat.

Ha Yeh that's what I thought, but no I only have two Batteries with me and the used one was on the ground, but when i bought the supposed flat battery home it wouldn't charge because it was full.
Yes I tend to agree that it was just one of those things, why I wrote about it as I have just upgraded to 2.3 and that's also what made me a little suspicious, but thanks for your reply, the mystery lives on.
Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig