Battery Alternative-

Can you define "reset"? Does it reset back to a 5200mah capacity and 0 cycles? Presuming that's the case, you would definitely want to make sure you're using 5200mah batteries. Since I don't think there is any means by which to change that capacity.

I first noticed there had to be a memory in the circuit when I first plugged in the 5000mAh batteries I am using. So not 5200mAh. But the monitor showed only one flashing led, but the battery was fully charged. So with some trial end error on button manipulation and plugging and unplugging the battery and/or balance leads I was able to get the battery monitor to 'reset' to almost full, short by one led, which I thought was correct for a 5000mAh but how could it know?. I did not bother to make note of the sequence I used figuring I would have to sort that out when I started swapping batteries in use. Sure enough after the first flight down to 3 led's and plugging in a new battery I only had 3 led's. So the trick seems to be unplug the battery and plug back in while the SBM is turned on. When I did the sequence of power wires first then balance I noticed I had full led's on the 5000mAh pack.

I figured they must have a reset function in the circuitry for initial calibration in manufacture. It was just a matter of finding it.
Now it has been written that 5200mAh is the calculated capacity in the circuitry so I now want to do flight time and battery capacity measurements with the 5000mAh batteries I am using to check the difference to confirm this.

Last edited:
After doing that reset procedure (disconnecting etc), power everything up on the solo and look at the BATT_CAPACITY parameter. On that very first boot of a "new" (in this case newly reset) battery, it will probably show exactly 5200. The smart battery's design capacity is 5200, which is hard coded and not something we can change.

Watch the voltage on the first flight, since the % will be wrong. After you land, I suggest leaving it on to gently bring the voltage down to 12.5v. let it cool off for an hour or two. Then fully recharge. That should get you the battery's real capacity as normal.

Reactions: jonbrotherton
I first noticed there had to be a memory in the circuit when I first plugged in the 5000mAh batteries I am using. So not 5200mAh. But the monitor showed only one flashing led, but the battery was fully charged. So with some trial end error on button manipulation and plugging and unplugging the battery and/or balance leads I was able to get the battery monitor to 'reset' to almost full, short by one led, which I thought was correct for a 5000mAh but how could it know?. I did not bother to make note of the sequence I used figuring I would have to sort that out when I started swapping batteries in use. Sure enough after the first flight down to 3 led's and plugging in a new battery I only had 3 led's. So the trick seems to be unplug the battery and plug back in while the SBM is turned on. When I did the sequence of power wires first then balance I noticed I had full led's on the 5000mAh pack.

I figured they must have a reset function in the circuitry for initial calibration in manufacture. It was just a matter of finding it.
Now it has been written that 5200mAh is the calculated capacity in the circuitry so I now want to do flight time and battery capacity measurements with the 5000mAh batteries I am using to check the difference to confirm this.
A correction to the reset procedure.
Hold the power button down while plugging the battery in.
Went through so many combinations yesterday I mis-remembered which one worked.
Battery percentage readings are surprisingly close using the 5000mAh.

C'mon guys, let's keep it on topic please.
There is an "ignore" button in everyone's profile, visit the member you wish to silence and click the ignore button.

offtopic.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986