Bad Press

Reaction score
I saw a news story on MSNBC last week about recreational (non-military) drone usage that was actually positive. It showed how they could save time and money and human risk in many applications such as wind turbine inspections.
Every other network news article to date I have watched or read has painted drones and their owners as dangerous. Perhaps I'm a bit paranoid coming from years of scrutiny over using a DSLR in public places. Pull out a cell phone and snap away. Nobody gives a hoot. Pull out an expensive camera/lens combo and suddenly you're a pervert if it captures people or a terrorist if it captures buildings. Maybe I just look evil, but I've been questioned many times by other people as to my motives. I always wondered if terrorists routinely spend thousands on camera equipment to plan the next attack! I did a project photographing 125 Postal Buildings (while a USPS employee) and used map programs with "birds eye" and street view to learn every angle and best time of day to shoot before I ever showed up on site.
Anyway, sorry for the rant. Just curious, are my fellow pilots getting hassled out there?

Reactions: erikgraham
I have been flying multi rotors for about 2 yrs. and have not had a negative experience with the public yet. Most who have approached me have been the typical curious types with the typical questions. I enjoy talking to them, and they always leave with a positive slant on UAV's.

Reactions: Joe Horn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44