Australian Community - Brisbane

Yes before the crowds arrive.. Up at daybreak.... Flew 3 batteries yesterday in Bay of islands, we were there after 10.00am and had to put up with the questions from the public: how far can you fly... Etc!

I was down that way a month or so back got some good shots at Bay of Islands. Couldn't get any shots at 12 Apostles it's obviously a no-go between 9am-6pm due to 12 Apostles Helicopters operations, we couldn't get there early enough.

Would love to shoot it in afternoon golden hour after 6pm when it's lit from the front but there is a handful of days down there per year it's not blowing a gale in the afternoon.

There is a lot of great places down that way, it really is one of the worlds best ocean road drives.

I will post up some footage once I get a chance.

Reactions: Marty Westguard
I was down that way a month or so back got some good shots at Bay of Islands. Couldn't get any shots at 12 Apostles it's obviously a no-go between 9am-6pm due to 12 Apostles Helicopters operations, we couldn't get there early enough.

Would love to shoot it in afternoon golden hour after 6pm when it's lit from the front but there is a handful of days down there per year it's not blowing a gale in the afternoon.

There is a lot of great places down that way, it really is one of the worlds best ocean road drives.

I will post up some footage once I get a chance.
They fly the whole strip, from what I could see: The Gibson Steps up to Bay of Islands and back in 30 mins. I'm flying way lower than them, and I flew much earlier so no problem.. Be keen to see your shots when you get round to them?
Yes beautiful drive, amazing location, highly recommended to everyone to spend a week or two down here!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44