Assign AUTO mode to "A" or "B" TX button?

Reaction score
AUTO is not one of the assignable flight modes on the "A" or "B" transmitter button with advanced flight modes, but it should be. I know TOWER can be used to select flight modes when linked to SOLO but the video image is smaller, like on a Samsung Galaxy S5. It would be nice if AUTO flight mode could be programmed to the "A" or "B" button so that the larger SOLO App video could be used.

Usually, I pre-upload my AUTO flight waypoints (from Mission Planner) then toggle between TOWER and SOLO app to fly - start AUTO flight, then switch to SOLO to view video. Any possible way to select different "advanced" flight mode for the TX buttons?

Good question, since the app isn't open source, it's probably not going to happen unless 3DR can be convinced to add it.

This is just speculation since I haven't yet played with the new multi-point cable cam, but the app now stores your cable cam flights somewhere - not sure if it's on the phone or in "the cloud", but cable cam flights are really just autonomous waypoint missions. I wonder if they're stored in the same format. If they are, and you can access where they're stored, you might be able to plan your mission, save it and copy it to where the app stores it's MPCC flight files, and then just load it up through there. Again, total speculation, but it might just work.

Now that would be cool if MPCC was the same as AUTO. Instead of using the Cable Cam option on the SOLO app, if a mission was already uploaded, if one were to hit "B", the mission would start. I'll experiment. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44