Anyone ever fly two solos at two same time?

Reaction score
will they cause interference with connection? Anyone know if our remote is tied directly to one solo only or can it possibly switch if you have another solo?

Not sure about interferance, abut they are specifically paired. You can pair a controller to another Solo through a recessed button and procedure, but without that, any controller won't operate any Solo

2 Owners have flown 2 solos at the same time. Regarding your 2nd questions, each controller is paired to a specific Solo and each Solo has a unique ID. The controller can be paired with 1 Solo at a time, but paired to a different Solo as needed. Sounds like you are asking if you bought a 2nd Solo only without a controller could it be flown with your existing controller? Yes.

Multiple Solos won't interfere with each other.

Going off on a tangent, technically Arducopter can control more than 1 vehicle as well via Mavlink. Would be good if a shot could be done with multiple Solos with one controller in future.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would be good if a shot could be done with multiple Solos with one controller in future.

How would what work? Launch one in the air, frame the shot with it in Fly mode, flip a switch and launch the second one?

With all the upcoming regulation and you having LOS of a bird it seems like a stretch that this would be allowed. Kind of hard to have control of two at once.

I was thinking with follow-me, you could have a Solo to the left, Solo to the right, Solo behind!

isn't this what caused the solo to go wild at the nab show in calf and the guy flying it had to step on the solo until he could stop the motors.

Nope, that was binding two Txs to the same Solo, not using Mavlink, Mavlink assigns a unique ID to each vehicle under control.

Not quite related but I think you can connect two smartphone\tablets to the Solo link WiFi at the same time.

Run the Solo App on one and Tower on the other. Has anyone tried it yet?

Not quite related but I think you can connect two smartphone\tablets to the Solo link WiFi at the same time.

Yes, there have been a few posts on just that scenario. They were able to move freely between the Tower app and the Solo app for the live video, with both connected to the Solo.

I tried briefly last night. I first had my tablet connected with the Solo App, then I tried to connect with my phone running tower. Unfortunately the tower app wouldn't connect but the phone was connected to the Solo link WiFi.

I need to try again as I don't remember double checking that tower was in UDP mode.

Yep. Ive been flying with both apps open and connected - able to switch between the two during flight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I tried briefly last night. I first had my tablet connected with the Solo App, then I tried to connect with my phone running tower. Unfortunately the tower app wouldn't connect but the phone was connected to the Solo link WiFi.

I need to try again as I don't remember double checking that tower was in UDP mode.

I just tested this again but I didn't fly with it. I had my tablet using the Solo appj, and my phone connected using the Tower app (set to UDP), it seemed to wo4k perfectly!

So it appears you can connect two devices to Sololink at the same time.

This might be useful for something.

I just tested this again but I didn't fly with it. I had my tablet using the Solo appj, and my phone connected using the Tower app (set to UDP), it seemed to wo4k perfectly!

So it appears you can connect two devices to Sololink at the same time.

This might be useful for something.
You can also have 2 apps connected on 1 device. Today I used Tower to fly a survey ,mission and used the Solo app to watch the live feed. I could switch between the 2 apps as needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44