Another "Magnetic interference" thread

Reaction score
long story short...

I was using Open Solo 3.0.0 and everything was great... then something happened and I had to reset with the SSWT switch and "downgrade" back to the original factory firmware (controller_0.6.10.sdcard and solo_0.6.10.sdcard) ... then upgrade the stock firmware with the 3DR app and then again upgrade to Open Solo 3.0.0 and then change the HDMI cable for a new one.

It seems everything is ok (it reads 512 parameters when connected to Solex and it shows Autopilot 1.5.4 Controller: 3.0.0 Controller f/w 3.0.0.0 Vehicle 3.0.0 on the vehicle settings menu) BUT... it keeps the "original" 3DR Solo sounds when "start up" and "turn off". It´s that normal?

aaand some collateral damages... I can´t get rid of the "magnetic interference" warning despite all the "param resets" and "Reset to Default" in MP and all the calibratios on different locations on open fields with the 3DR app with Solex and Live Calibration on MP etc... nothing seems to work.

On Mission Planner, when I uncheck and check the compass #2 the warning dissapear, but on restart it will pop up again... if I leave the compass 2 unchecked and restart the drone there´s no warning, so, "problem" is on compass 2, but i don´t think it is wise to flight without one compass....

Maybe I "broke" something when change the HDMI...

Any other suggestion (besides upgrade to HERE)?

I've been using the solo for a few years and have had this same problems a few times. Each time it was a bad esc in the motor pod. I was able to solve this by removing a motor pod 1 at a time and starting up the solo WITH THE PROPS OFF... At some point you'll isolate the pad motor pod and wont get the MI warning.

Good Luck

I've been using the solo for a few years and have had this same problems a few times. Each time it was a bad esc in the motor pod. I was able to solve this by removing a motor pod 1 at a time and starting up the solo WITH THE PROPS OFF... At some point you'll isolate the pad motor pod and wont get the MI warning.

Good Luck

thanks... i will try that... i am tired of trying to keep this Solo up in the air but nothing seems to work...

I reinstalled the original Rev A GPS (i was using an BN800 wich was working fine)... reinstalled AGAIN the original factory firmware (controller_0.6.10.sdcard and solo_0.6.10.sdcard) and now I upgraded to the 2.4.2 firmware with the old 1.3.1 stock autopilot... recalibrate the compaas... AND STILL HAVE THE MAGNETIC INTERFERENCE WARNING!

so... now i will try the motor pod method.... otherwise i wll have a nice paperweight on my desk...

Good Luck

not luck for me :/

Are you frustrated enough yet? Try the "belly smack", search the forum. You got nothing to lose by trying, other than a paper weight...

And the Rev A GPS is garbage. I update every solo we fly with the ublox and it works extremely well. 20+ satelites is the usual. Good luck!

Reactions: skyhax
Using another tablet sometimes works for me.
Reboot solo remotely to clear magnetic problems-
Both sticks up and too the right 3 seconds. Keep right stick up and to the right and move left stick up and too the left for 4 seconds.
There are reports of replacing the leg sensor or demagnetizing the old one being a fix.

Using another tablet sometimes works for me.
Reboot solo remotely to clear magnetic problems-
Both sticks up and too the right 3 seconds. Keep right stick up and to the right and move left stick up and too the left for 4 seconds.
There are reports of replacing the leg sensor or demagnetizing the old one being a fix.

hi there... how do you demagnetize the compass?

Reactions: AOtarolaR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc