Aaargh! Odd Video Feed...

Reaction score
So for the last two flights, all I get on the video feed is a black screen with occasional bright, horizontal colored lines. More colored lines appear with greater light entering the camera (3+ Black). Things I've tried:

- Removed and reinstalled gimbal.
- Removed gimbal and plugged camera straight into HDMI cable - same result.
- Checked HDMI port on camera - it is OK - has not broken off.
- Hooked up camera to iPhone/iPad using wifi - preview shows up perfectly.
- Reinstalled gimbal and flew with red button pressed to record. Same bad video feed, but perfect vids from the camera.

The frustrating thing is that when I tried to turn in a ticket to 3DR, it said "Failed to send your ticket. Please try later or try another support method."

This is the first real problem I've had. Naturally it happens right before an event occurring this weekend that will be the first time I really get to use it for something I'm producing. Screw you, Murphy...

Reactions: Solo Keith
I had a similar problem when I initially got the gimbal and installed it. I attached the camera, turned everything on, then went into the Solo app and saw nothing but wide bands of various colors.
Powered everything down and reseated the camera and started over. Got the same thing. I went into the camera settings and they were all maxed out for resolution.
I hadn't used the camera since I updated the firmware on it.
I changed all the settings to what I normally fly with, reattached it and powered everything up and it worked fine.

Reactions: Acroduster
You are the shiznit, Raybro! Played with the settings a bit and I got the feed back! Thanks a million - and just in time!

I'm having the same problem with the coloured lines.
Support told me to remove the mother board and check the other end of the hdmi cable. It was connected properly.
They told me it also might be a problem with the latest GoPro update v03.03...
And then they said I need to download the previous version to the GoPro...
I called the GoPro support line, and they told me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44