3DR Solo flying from my r/c club's airfield, over Little River South Dartmouth

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a video I shot today with my 3DR Solo. I fly out of my club's airfield in South Dartmouth, MA. I flew over the Little River and estuary. My Solo is equipped with the mRO GPS and the controller has a FPVLR high gain helical antenna.

Nice video. How far did you get out? Seemed like at least a mile. that is a beautiful area and its interesting to see how the water has
carved out the inlet. I noticed you never changed the pitch of your gimbal. It always seemed to be at the same level, was there a reason for this? Keep the videos coming
Good Job

thanks for sharing

I was mostly using the video to fly fpv. That's why the pitch of the gimbal is in the same location. According the the Solo Controller I was 6430 ft out, 1.2 miles! When I fly FPV I use a 6" tablet so I can keep an eye on the Solo. The FPVLR antenna works great. I know I can reach Cedar Island with the Alpha antenna too. With the FPVLR antenna my goal is to fly out to Mishaum Pt. I am lucky to find an R/C club with an airfield in such a great location. I'm going to fly around there at a lower altitude. The video I posted was mostly between 240ft - 400ft. There's Heron, Cranes, and Buzzards that fly around there. The next flight out will be around 100ft to hopefully catch video of the wildlife out there. That inlet does look amazing from the air. When kayaking out there you can see lot's of clam beds and wildlife.

Here's a google map link to the location where I fly. On the map you will see a dirt road to the left of Salvadore's Ice Cream. The field is off the dirt road. Google Maps From the field there are a lot of great locations to legally fly over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc