3DR is such an interesting company.

Reaction score
First of all, I've been fairly aggravated over the past few months with the Solo launch as have many others. It's difficult not to be. But I decided to stick with 3DR even with their reliability problems which are very frustrating. I have two Solo's. Solo 1 was just returned from the shop in San Diego after only a week and a half. Very surprising. I got an email from 3DR stating it was on it's way and the repair cost was
$999.95 but the charge to me was ZERO! It came to my office the next day exactly the way I shipped it to them, but with a new set of blades. The outer shell was the same. Nothing in writing telling me what they did for the $$$$$. I downloaded the new update, and started it up inside first. No problems. Got GPS lock indoors. Interestingly, the antennas on the controller were torqued down so hard I could not remove them by hand. Like they didn't want me to use another antenna. In any case Solo flew flawlessly in a fairly good wind. Held very steady in a hoover and landed within inches of it's take off point. It's acquired GPS more quickly than before as well. Someone is going to make a movie of this event. It's to interesting to pass up. Now if I only had a gimbal. I did, after all order in April. In the mean time i'm getting valuable flight experience with Solo and learning a ton on this forum. Thanks again.

Walter, I would phone in ask for status. Each time I called, they would say, "oh, you don't have it yet", after I was confirmed on the ASAP gimbal list, product was here from China in 36 hours.

Thanks for the advice Eric. You must be relentless in your follow-up. And much to my surprise, i just received a tracking number for a Gimbal. Should have it by Wednesday. I'll get excited when I actually have it on Solo and it works as advertised. I got my leg extensions just in time!

So sad. The tracking number I received was for a battery, not a Gimbal. I called 3DR and was told I "might" get a tracking number by the end of the week. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

First of all, I've been fairly aggravated over the past few months with the Solo launch as have many others. It's difficult not to be. But I decided to stick with 3DR even with their reliability problems which are very frustrating. I have two Solo's. Solo 1 was just returned from the shop in San Diego after only a week and a half. Very surprising. I got an email from 3DR stating it was on it's way and the repair cost was
$999.95 but the charge to me was ZERO! It came to my office the next day exactly the way I shipped it to them, but with a new set of blades. The outer shell was the same. Nothing in writing telling me what they did for the $$$$$. I downloaded the new update, and started it up inside first. No problems. Got GPS lock indoors. Interestingly, the antennas on the controller were torqued down so hard I could not remove them by hand. Like they didn't want me to use another antenna. In any case Solo flew flawlessly in a fairly good wind. Held very steady in a hoover and landed within inches of it's take off point. It's acquired GPS more quickly than before as well. Someone is going to make a movie of this event. It's to interesting to pass up. Now if I only had a gimbal. I did, after all order in April. In the mean time i'm getting valuable flight experience with Solo and learning a ton on this forum. Thanks again.

Well it sounds like 3DR are trying to keep customers happy problem must be lack of quality control before the Solo is despatched.... There's hope for them yet....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44