3DR direct pre-orders and extra battery

I ordered on 4/22. I think the pipe is filling so you should get yours quickly.

Dont expect a tracking # from 3DR without pressing them for them. Download UPS my choice for your phone and enter your address. UPS will tell you there is a package shipped from China to your address before 3DR US even knows its coming to you.

Thanks for the tip on UPS My Choice. Just got that set up last night and this morning I received an alarm that I've got a package coming from Shenzhen. Should have solo by end of day on 6/29.
BTW, I ordered direct from 3DR on 5/16. Received an email a while back saying "Your Solo will ship between 6/15 to 6/25 and will arrive 4 to 5 days after shipment.” Looks like it shipped 6/25 4:45P China time. My credit card has not yet been charged.

Good info. That my choice works great. My order on 3DR site still shows backordered even though I got the Solo 4 days ago.

Let's see who gets the prize, UPS or USPS. I will bet UPS. The Samsung Tablet arrived via USPS in Austin at 11:14 pm on the 24th. The USPS site says delivery will be Friday.
The Solo arrived in Austin at 5:05 this morning and is on the truck for delivery today.
I'm 40 minutes from Austin.

image.jpg
Let's see who gets the prize, UPS or USPS. I will bet UPS. The Samsung Tablet arrived via USPS in Austin at 11:14 pm on the 24th. The USPS site says delivery will be Friday.
The Solo arrived in Austin at 5:05 this morning and is on the truck for delivery today.
I'm 40 minutes from Austin.
I guess they both get the prize. Tablet showed up this morning and Solo this afternoon. Just in time as the tablet was getting charged.
Got everything set up on the Solo. Took it out for a check ride. Everything is good. Very smooth...and slow with the lowest speed setting. Tried RTH and auto land....perfect. Did manual land and it's all good. Brought it back in to get a full charge. It's a bad looking mofo!

View attachment 122
I guess they both get the prize. Tablet showed up this morning and Solo this afternoon. Just in time as the tablet was getting charged.
Got everything set up on the Solo. Took it out for a check ride. Everything is good. Very smooth...and slow with the lowest speed setting. Tried RTH and auto land....perfect. Did manual land and it's all good. Brought it back in to get a full charge. It's a bad looking mofo!
Sweet!!

Reactions: Raybro
Awesome Ray!! So glad to hear it. It was blazing hot today, so I did some flying in our conference room for about 15min. Still loving it...

You scared me there, for a second I thought the Solo didn't come with a battery at all.

2nd flight. Bumped the speed up a notch. I'm thinking 1 more notch, about midway and it would match my P2. Got some video this time. Flew the battery down to 50% and got about 10 minutes of video. Bumped the altitude up to 300 and took it up to 250 and about 450 feet out. Video feed was good the whole time. Have not played around with the maps yet which are supposed to show your orientation. I use a Black Pearl monitor with the P2 and I like how it lets you know when the nose is pointing home.
It operates very smoothly, I don't know if it's because I have it at a slower speed but it sure seems to operate silky smooth. Did the calibrations in the app and I registered it......let's see if I get a free lanyard as it says. Anyway, so far it's been good. Tomorrow I'll see what I can do with distance.

One last thing....the device holder is a little too wide for my Tab 4. Had to put some foam in the clamps for a tighter fit.

Last edited:
Solo 2.0? Sounds great! I have returned mine due to Selfie. So better getting the second one hopefully gimbal is available also.

I like solo and cannot believe that it is not available in BB either online or in store.

Thanks for the tip on UPS My Choice. Just got that set up last night and this morning I received an alarm that I've got a package coming from Shenzhen. Should have solo by end of day on 6/29.
BTW, I ordered direct from 3DR on 5/16. Received an email a while back saying "Your Solo will ship between 6/15 to 6/25 and will arrive 4 to 5 days after shipment.” Looks like it shipped 6/25 4:45P China time. My credit card has not yet been charged.

My Solo Shipped from China on 6/25/2015 @11:22P.
My 1st notice of this was from a e-mail i got, a day later, from 3dr on 6/26 @ 7:31 PM

I checked my pre-order status at 3DR and it’s still “Backorder”. In fact, my pre-order credit card still hasn’t been hit, yet.

My Solo, w/ 2nd package, expected arrival date is 6/29/15, per UPS, so i’ll stay in touch. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44