3DR direct pre-orders and extra battery

Reaction score
The big brown truck dropped off my Solo today and a extra battery. However there was not a 3rd battery which I should have got because of the Gimbal issue.

So I called Customer Service and the CSR at first told me that the battery I got in the second package was the free one and the one in the Solo was the one I bought extra as the Solo does not come with a battery.

I said I think you are incorrect so she checked with her manager.

When she came back she explained she was wrong and they messed up and did not send the extra batteries with some of the orders as they were supposed to. I asked her when this would happen and she did not know and that they would have to email me when they found out.

Once again, feeling happy I stood in the front of the line for over two months (pre-order) and got a Solo over a week after Solos and free batteries were in Best Buy !

So guys if you have a pre-order coming, you might in fact be missing a battery.

Reactions: SKP
I'm just glad that you got your bird...the free extra battery, well you know...growing pains. Was hoping you got the gimbal as well... Keep them honest.

Now go fly!!!!!!!

Reactions: rrmccabe
Yea I think I might try some timelapse stuff as I can hardly stand to watch the fixed mount video !

Looking like rain tonight so might not get it in the air.

Hey Rich, Glad you finally got it! Haven't heard anything on mine. Thinking about just ordering from Best Buy and cancelling the 3DR. At lease they are sending the extra batteries with the machines.

Hey Rich, Glad you finally got it! Haven't heard anything on mine. Thinking about just ordering from Best Buy and cancelling the 3DR. At lease they are sending the extra batteries with the machines.

And most guys used the USPS coupon for Best Buy and got $100 off.

Just as a FYI, if I go to my 3DR store account. Mine still says back-ordered and not shipped or received/complete or anything like that. You can download the UPS my choice app for your phone and add your address and you will know yours has shipped before 3DR in the US knows it ships.

China ships the product and 3DR manually has to follow up. I highly recommend you load the app on your phone. Could already be on its way.

Hope these guys are better and building and programming than selling and shipping !

not only did I get my extra battery at Best Buy but I also got an extra set of black propellers

i got an extra battery at BB when i got mine.

The big brown truck dropped off my Solo today and a extra battery. However there was not a 3rd battery which I should have got because of the Gimbal issue.

So I called Customer Service and the CSR at first told me that the battery I got in the second package was the free one and the one in the Solo was the one I bought extra as the Solo does not come with a battery.

When she came back she explained she was wrong and they messed up and did not send the extra batteries with some of the orders as they were supposed to. I asked her when this would happen and she did not know and that they would have to email me when they found out.

Once again, feeling happy I stood in the front of the line for over two months (pre-order) and got a Solo over a week after Solos and free batteries were in Best Buy !

That explains it. DSLRPros did say no extra batteries were shipped.

Congrats to you!!!
I pre-ordered my Solo direct from 3DR on 5/19/2015 w/ gimbal, extra battery and props.

On 6/14/15, I got an e-mail from 3D Robotics stating, “ Your Solo will ship between 6/22 to 7/2 and will arrive 4 to 5 days after shipment.”

I’m in countdown mode now and thanks to you I can adjust my expectations, again, before I open the box. At this point, just a Solo and 1 battery might put a smile on my face.

Did you get a shipping notice e-mail from 3DR or a tracking number? What was your Pre-order da

Thanks

Congrats to you!!!
I pre-ordered my Solo direct from 3DR on 5/19/2015 w/ gimbal, extra battery and props.

On 6/14/15, I got an e-mail from 3D Robotics stating, “ Your Solo will ship between 6/22 to 7/2 and will arrive 4 to 5 days after shipment.”

I’m in countdown mode now and thanks to you I can adjust my expectations, again, before I open the box. At this point, just a Solo and 1 battery might put a smile on my face.

Did you get a shipping notice e-mail from 3DR or a tracking number? What was your Pre-order da

Thanks

I ordered on 4/22. I think the pipe is filling so you should get yours quickly.

Dont expect a tracking # from 3DR without pressing them for them. Download UPS my choice for your phone and enter your address. UPS will tell you there is a package shipped from China to your address before 3DR US even knows its coming to you.

Just returned my early purchase from Best Buy due to inactive computer on solo and awaiting new 2.0 version from 3DR. I too received an email stating I should receive in the next week or so. No tracking numbers and UPS not generating anything useful for items in transit. This version better function as promised or its going back for good. Seems like 3DR should have put a shell over the X8+ and called it a day. I haven't heard of any real problems with this product. Love to hear if these problems are still persistent on second go around.

Meaning version 2.0 since so many solos are headed back. The store I went to had 3 returned just yesterday only. It was more referring to software updates and new GPS fixes.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
OK. I thought you meant they were coming out with a revised board or something :)

I was gonna say, don't pull a DJI on us......the Solo 3 coming in August.....

Thnks.
maybe my 1st real notice will be when 3dr hits my pre-order credit card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44