3dr Customer Service

Reaction score
I must say I was skeptical on a chat/email tech support system but after submitting two separate tickets in just 3 days I'm pretty impressed.

I had my unit lose GPS suddenly and go fly:manual, then at the same time lose connection to my radio and flew away. I immediately submitted a ticket and 5 minutes later I heard the buzz saw and it was hovering over my next door neighbors house! I was told that the unit was experiencing an unusual problem and they needed further analysis and it's been 4 days. Well while I was waiting I did a check of spinning the motors by hand and noticed pod 01 was gritty compared to the others. They requested a video and today I was notified they were replacing the entire Solo! No questions asked. I thought initially it was the motor pod being replaced but they said no.

Sorry this was a long post and my first. But this so far has been a pleasant experience. I bought it back in December with no problems whatsoever up until now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: PdxSteve
Hi Area- welcome to the forum! Not surprised you had a good support experience, most people do.
Interesting that it malfunctioned but then came back- probably won't see that with a Phantom.:cool:

Reactions: Area Solo
Hi Area- welcome to the forum! Not surprised you had a good support experience, most people do.
Interesting that it malfunctioned but then came back- probably won't see that with a Phantom.:cool:
Thanks! Yeah I saw it just take off and then dipped down over a lake and I thought it was done. No sound no visual even tho I saw the lake I guess it blended in. I was so mad and then right as I submitted the ticket I heard the sound lol. I can't believe it came back.

Thanks! Yeah I saw it just take off and then dipped down over a lake and I thought it was done. No sound no visual even tho I saw the lake I guess it blended in. I was so mad and then right as I submitted the ticket I heard the sound lol. I can't believe it came back.

It would be interesting to know what the unusual problem was.

So an update I could not find my camera mount to put back in place of my gimbal and when I told them that thinking I would be screwed they said no problem it's noted and they upgraded my shipping to 2nd day air when I get my new Solo. I didn't ask for it they just gave it to me. Hmm Christmas?

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela