3D printed upgrades

Reaction score
Hey I just found this Solo flyer in Australia who makes some awesome upgrades. The pistol grip allows you to walk with the drone mounted gimbal as a handheld and also to do catches and tosses of the bird. The others are some efficient gimbal braces.
IMG_0739.jpg
These 2 are for my son and I with matching master airscrew props.
He makes them really well and cheap

Hey I just found this Solo flyer in Australia who makes some awesome upgrades. The pistol grip allows you to walk with the drone mounted gimbal as a handheld and also to do catches and tosses of the bird. The others are some efficient gimbal braces.
View attachment 8190
These 2 are for my son and I with matching master airscrew props.
He makes them really well and cheap
Thanks for the mention Martin, i am looking forward to you reciveing and using your items.

I have certainly refined my designs to work the best they can. The pistol grip is modelled from a revolver pistol , very sturdy and comfy in hand, it's also been angled and positioned until I felt is was balance as best as it could be.

The gimbal brace was originally borrowed from a design on thiniverse but once i tried it it had a number of downfalls which i addresed over a number of revisions for example it will now fully support the gimbal while it is removed from the drone and it works with or without gopro installed.

Any and all my work is done without the concept of making money but to have an avenue to create and get experience in doing so .
I am looking for any kind of projects that will allow me to grow my skills in this field.

SOLO RULES!!
1520908213756.jpg

Reactions: 3RD and Saijin_Naib
Captainkirk,
Do you have a website, eBay shop, or other I can peruse?

I might need/want some stuff.

Thanks!

Reactions: Travelfox
Captainkirk,
Do you have a website, eBay shop, or other I can peruse?

I might need/want some stuff.

Thanks!
Yes i do have some items as Martin as purchased listed on ebay. What might you be looking for? I do make other upgrade parts for Solo and always looking for new ideas.. I have a bigger better printer on its way ehich will open up alot more possibilities.. my e-mail is [email protected] contact me anytime and have a nice day!

Straying a bit from the topic...
Has anyone tried adapting the intel real sense module to work on a solo?
Just thinking that this would be a great mod.

It'd be interesting to try, but with their best camera having a stated operating range of 10m (designed for indoor usage), I'd be very surprised to see it perform at any appreciable distance outdoors.

I believe the 10M limitation is related to distance away from the drone at which an obstacle can be detected but not the operating range.
Of course their module seeks an alternate route and intelligently stores data so each fly get in the same area is more stable and secure.

It'd be interesting to try, but with their best camera having a stated operating range of 10m (designed for indoor usage), I'd be very surprised to see it perform at any appreciable distance outdoors.
I really don’t see the point in “long distance” avoidance. You might be avoiding things you want to get closer too.
Ten meters would keep you from crashing into something within “crashing range”.

Or are you saying it wouldn’t get 10M performance outdoors?

Yes i do have some items as Martin as purchased listed on ebay. What might you be looking for? I do make other upgrade parts for Solo and always looking for new ideas.. I have a bigger better printer on its way ehich will open up alot more possibilities.. my e-mail is [email protected] contact me anytime and have a nice day!
How does the handle attach to Solo? What is the price, shipping to the US?

I really don’t see the point in “long distance” avoidance. You might be avoiding things you want to get closer too.
Ten meters would keep you from crashing into something within “crashing range”.

Or are you saying it wouldn’t get 10M performance outdoors?
Sense & Avoid.
Detection distance is 10m, you can cover that insanely fast even at relatively "low" speeds. You would want the sensor to be able to reliably detect much further out, with the option to begin avoidance at closer distance thresholds.

And yes, I'm primarily concerned about the sensor's sensitivity as well as the output of the infrared lasers. There's a ton of IR radiation out during the day, and you'd very likely flood the sensor and overpower the emitter outdoors, bringing that 10m range down significantly. If you want a demo of this, use a Kinect v1 outdoors or with lots of overhead Halogen lighting.

The Pistol grip is one of my favourites. My latest revision also quick clips to my tripod ... Fly, grab ,walk and tripod footage all in one take . Stabilising controller that lock antenna are great . legs that dont ruin a shot by getting in the view are cool , I made sunshade for lens filters and custom sexier GPS mast to fully remove any drone noise or interference.
here are some pics of my a few of my works for solo .

I enjoy sharing my works and they are mostly available thru eBay .
or contact me on [email protected]

thanks and have a nice day

Attachments

• received_1763907140578413.jpeg
    received_1763907140578413.jpeg
    472.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20171105_111201.jpg
    20171105_111201.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 20171105_111325.jpg
    20171105_111325.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • 20171105_134452.jpg
    20171105_134452.jpg
    798 KB · Views: 50
  • 20171112_210828.jpg
    20171112_210828.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • 20171119_132503.jpg
    20171119_132503.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20180214_112851.jpg
    20180214_112851.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • 20171129_211351.jpg
    20171129_211351.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
You are extremely innovative, young man. Much love to you. I will be purchasing the legs, the GPS re-position mast and, and the antennae locks from you once I am able. I believe you have earned the moniker 'O.G', for being an early dedicated fabricator. Matt and Kelly and the quiet ones will always and forever bear the moniker, "Original O.G.", as they have totally owned it from the get-go. Others may lay claim to the title 'O.G.' as well. They know who they are. They're the ones who have persisted through trail and error, undaunted by failure, in order to succeed. Power to all y'all.

You are extremely innovative, young man. Much love to you. I will be purchasing the legs, the GPS re-position mast and, and the antennae locks from you once I am able. I believe you have earned the moniker 'O.G', for being an early dedicated fabricator. Matt and Kelly and the quiet ones will always and forever bear the moniker, "Original O.G.", as they have totally owned it from the get-go. Others may lay claim to the title 'O.G.' as well. They know who they are. They're the ones who have persisted through trail and error, undaunted by failure, in order to succeed. Power to all y'all.
Thanks heaps, i am working on this , i will be able to fly to a spot, land on water and film underwater and take off again... hey i would love to share all my work even better give it away , but i cant afford that so i try to aleast buy my filament for my printer with any funds i can get..

I would be keen to get any thing you want to you .. i am over ebay have trouble with setting up postage to buyers .

Anyway thanks again get back to me when you can ..
Cheers20180318_140351.jpg

Wouldn’t the bottle floats work better if just 2 of them were installed horizontally sort of like skis?

Maybe , but this was easy to design , easy adaptablity between different bottles and airflow from props along
streamlined shape of bottle .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc