WTF

Just got another bs response they've moved me to the front but it now takes two to three weeks to get here from China apparently, So guess I'm still a few weeks out at best. They said that time frame when I ordered again in August. If Best Buy doesn't have em this week I think Ill just have to try again next season. It's already getting cool here so sad to say I may have finally heard my last fairytale.
When did you order again?
Sorry to hear that. I guess I'm in the same boat. I have a few more weeks to fly here. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Dude was right about another thing: Philip Bloom is the Jesus Christ of Drone pilots and has the awards to show it. He does not own a Solo.
Take everything Philip Bloom says, and whatever his PR agency says, and toss it out the window. If he is anyone's metric of "quality" then the bar is much, much lower than I'd have ever thought.
I've known and lectured alongside the "Martha Stewart" of photography several times. What he doesn't pay others to do, he's equally happy to be dishonest about (when he's not beating the crap out of his girlfriend).
The only reason Bloom wouldn't likely own a Solo, is that 3DR hasn't fallen all over themselves to give him one and bankroll whatever he can find minions to do for them with Solo's.

Philip Bloom accused of domestic violence

You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train

Take everything Philip Bloom says, and whatever his PR agency says, and toss it out the window. If he is anyone's metric of "quality" then the bar is much, much lower than I'd have ever thought.
I've known and lectured alongside the "Martha Stewart" of photography several times. What he doesn't pay others to do, he's equally happy to be dishonest about (when he's not beating the crap out of his girlfriend).
The only reason Bloom wouldn't likely own a Solo, is that 3DR hasn't fallen all over themselves to give him one and bankroll whatever he can find minions to do for them with Solo's.

Philip Bloom accused of domestic violence

You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train
Well, as far as his drone pilots skills go, I stand by what I said. The fact that he is also a jerk I realized when he banned me from his Facebook page for calling him out on a lie. The girlfriend beating I cannot accept. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
Bear in mind that a lot of what you see PB credited for, he doesn't actually do, any more than Martha Stewart does. She's famous for her writers creating a "DIY" scene where the work has been done by others, she sketches in the small bits, but she doesn't actually make the item nor does she write the info. She trades almost exclusively on her name. PB is much the same.
One year, we were on a panel at NAB together (he was making the jump from photo to video), and in the Q/A session, it became very clear that he doesn't actually do a lot of what he claimed, and hires out others as Work for Hires, taking credit for their chops.
And yeah, the domestic violence issue is enough for me to never speak to him again, nor respect anything he has to say moving forward.

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
Just found out that my CC was charged for the gimbal amount on Friday 11-Sept.. No tracking number yet, and I can't use UPS Mobile since it is being delivered to a business...

So I sent another e-mail on Thursday 17-Sept:

Hello-

It’s been another week gone by…
I see that my credit card has been charged last Friday for the amount of the Gimbal.
Can you please provide me with my tracking number ?

Regards,

Steven J. Ackerman
Sarasota, FL

and the response:

Hello Steven,

I hope you are doing great!

I checked your order and indeed, the Gimbal has not been shipped yet. However, i will make sure your order ships maybe tomorrow, if not before Wednesday. :)

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,

Ivan.
Customer Advocate
3D Robotics
Supporting you 24/7
(858)225-1414(855) 982-2898

Maybe tomorrow if not before Wednesday again I'll say WTF.

I finally got mine right off the ups truck at Best Buy nobody even knew what it was and I had to show them what box it was in will call eventually, after two people acted like they didn't have it. I showed my confirmation and pointed it out myself or I'd of been leaving gimballess again. Installing now and may test tonight a bit but I can't wait for sunrise, I'll be up bright and early to hopefully catch some great footage. Can't even believe the wait is over, just praying it's not a defect now. Best Buys got shipments from UPS today so anybody still waiting call and bother the manager of the locations that Recieved solo, even if they don't show them yet. The one I went too didn't have any out so if I never bothered them, gimbals would likley be in shipping until at least tomorrow.

Good luck folks, fly safe, fly 3dr

Maybe tomorrow if not before Wednesday again I'll say WTF.

I finally got mine right off the ups truck at Best Buy nobody even knew what it was and I had to show them what box it was in will call eventually, after two people acted like they didn't have it. I showed my confirmation and pointed it out myself or I'd of been leaving gimballess again. Installing now and may test tonight a bit but I can't wait for sunrise, I'll be up bright and early to hopefully catch some great footage. Can't even believe the wait is over, just praying it's not a defect now. Best Buys got shipments from UPS today so anybody still waiting call and bother the manager of the locations that Recieved solo, even if they don't show them yet. The one I went too didn't have any out so if I never bothered them, gimbals would likley be in shipping until at least tomorrow.

Good luck folks, fly safe, fly 3dr

I'm going to check mine out tonight. I like flying at night.

BTW 'Maybe tomorrow if not before Wednesday' means your shiny new gimbal will be delivered by Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Yea sounds like a load of crap to me, I'd call bs for sure but seems they've shipped most out in less time after charging the card. I'd be a bit nervous somebody screwed up again hearing the tomorrow or by next Wednesday, come on either tomorrow or a week later and they want you to trust they have any info at all. Seems like they give these customer advocates no info and make it like an office game of who can bs best this week.

Ok so once again it's looking like another sketchy bs date given to me by 3dr customer advocates. Was told my order was still weeks out but Best Buy was getting theirs late this week.

Well late this weeks here anybody tried Best Buy yet today?

I've defended and cheered for 3dr forever but I'm not sure what to say any more. Why do they keep lying to their customers is my issue now? Just be honest we've waited this long the lies are just an insult, if they don't know say that it's better than this. Not sure how many more lies we gotta just grin and bear but come on 3dr.

Hate to start this again but seriously has anybody tried Best Buy today?
Fry's Electronics fail to deliver my gimbal by far but Adorama has charged my PayPal account and has shipped my order this morning Plan B baby!!!

Great I ordered from 3dr a few days before you and mines a few weeks out this is bull$hit plain and simple. I'm well past being annoyed, it's just a joke every week I get a new lie and every week it doesn't happen. I've argued how great they are and how great solo is like all us real owners have and we keep getting pushed aside. I had a pre order months ago and emailed 3dr before canceling and was assured Best Buy would be my fastest route just like solo so I cancelled it. It was through adorama and I've yet to see anyone get one there anyway but this is about the fifth person behind me to recieve theirs not too mention folks that ordered in April and still have nothing. What the hell are they really doing, why would you go out of your way to make loyal customers turn on you it just makes no sense. Then fill orders for any random folks that haven't waited but a week, they're taking advantage of the early adopters cause they've waited this long already and that's pretty fu(Jed up.

I've been pretty upbeat and joked about this mostly but wtf 3dr this is a fn joke, why try to make your most loyal buyers who have been waiting forever hate your guts. I hate the whining as much as the next guy and know it's not helping but it's well past being justified at this point. If there was another option as good I'd have returned solo today and bought it, guess I'll have to what for what I paid for until next season now cause it's already cooling down here and starting to get crumby out.

Then if or when best buy does get them I'm already out 400 bucks cause 3dr charged me immediately and I'm supposed to trust that they'll refund my money before 2016. Sorry to complain just finally reaching the end of my 3dr is just overwhelmed fantasy, since they obviously aren't, sending out orders from 10 days or less ago. They really are just picking who they believe will or won't wait there's no other reason for how it's playing out. What a fuqin mess, solos a great quad, but 3dr is looking like a $hit company at this point, I don't know how else were supposed to see it beside they said F off you'll wait.

I've seen every guy who's posted here in this thread in RCG and here now since near day one and we're all being scammed and actually have defended the artist this whole time, it's really sad.
Big mistake Adorama shipped mines today.

Big mistake Adorama shipped mines today.
Found mine at best buy soon as it came off the truck today, installed and first flight was at night but went great. Everything functions far as start stop and preset angle, so far so good. I'll know how well it works stabilization wise and with smart shots at sunrise but I'm pretty happy so far, it does make solo fly different. Not bad but you can tell it's working harder, just take some getting used to. Love it, waits finally over and now it's time to hurry up and find some content worth recording before the cold sets in soon.

This actually was my plan A but with the delays I preordered both before eventually resorting to Best Buy both times cause pre orders never got anywhere.

Found mine at best buy soon as it came off the truck today, installed and first flight was at night but went great. Everything functions far as start stop and preset angle, so far so good. I'll know how well it works stabilization wise and with smart shots at sunrise but I'm pretty happy so far, it does make solo fly different. Not bad but you can tell it's working harder, just take some getting used to. Love it, waits finally over and now it's time to hurry up and find some content worth recording before the cold sets in soon.
That's awesome I almost got mine from Best Buy yesterday as well but unfortunately I was too late oh well. :)

I'd say check around BBs in the morning cause I think a lot got more today but if yours is already shipped it's not worth the hassle, at least your waits nearly over too. Congrats hope yours ends up same as mine seems to have, only thing makes me nervous is my second battery will be in the morning and I've seen issues reported then. So far perfect though so I'm pretty confident it'll be ok.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
I'd say check around BBs in the morning cause I think a lot got more today but if yours is already shipped it's not worth the hassle, at least your waits nearly over too. Congrats hope yours ends up same as mine seems to have, only thing makes me nervous is my second battery will be in the morning and I've seen issues reported then. So far perfect though so I'm pretty confident it'll be ok.
Good luck safe flying please report any issues and overall feedback of your flight experience. :)

Oh you can count on that, only thing odd so far was gps took a while and locked after I took off in manual. I always take off and land manual anyway but I only got 4 sats and usually it locks or at least gets 6 or 7 quickly in that spot. Hope it's a fluke either way not huge it stayed locked after takeoff at low altitude but worth mentioning.

Reactions: Del
Oh you can count on that, only thing odd so far was gps took a while and locked after I took off in manual. I always take off and land manual anyway but I only got 4 sats and usually it locks or at least gets 6 or 7 quickly in that spot. Hope it's a fluke either way not huge it stayed locked after takeoff at low altitude but worth mentioning.
I've had the same issue with my Solo even without the camera gimbal.

So I sent another e-mail on Thursday 17-Sept:

Hello-

It’s been another week gone by…
I see that my credit card has been charged last Friday for the amount of the Gimbal.
Can you please provide me with my tracking number ?

Regards,

Steven J. Ackerman
Sarasota, FL

and the response:

Hello Steven,

I checked your order and indeed, the Gimbal has not been shipped yet. However, i will make sure your order ships maybe tomorrow, if not before Wednesday. :)

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,

Ivan.
Customer Advocate
3D Robotics
Supporting you 24/7

E-mailed again yesterday:

Still no tracking number…

Steven J. Ackerman
Sarasota, FL

and the response today:

Ivan (3D Robotics)

Sep 24, 8:09 AM

Hello Steven,

I am really sorry for the delay. However, i have the tracking number for you! :)

UPS 1ZV930xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your patience Steven.

Regards,

Ivan.
Customer Advocate
3D Robotics
Supporting you 24/7

So UPS shows it shipped today from Shenzhen, China and arrived today in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong with delivery Monday...

Now I just have to figure out what to do about my GoPro Hero 3+ Silver...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44