WTF

Reaction score
Ok so once again it's looking like another sketchy bs date given to me by 3dr customer advocates. Was told my order was still weeks out but Best Buy was getting theirs late this week.

Well late this weeks here anybody tried Best Buy yet today?

I've defended and cheered for 3dr forever but I'm not sure what to say any more. Why do they keep lying to their customers is my issue now? Just be honest we've waited this long the lies are just an insult, if they don't know say that it's better than this. Not sure how many more lies we gotta just grin and bear but come on 3dr.

Hate to start this again but seriously has anybody tried Best Buy today?

Reactions: ALLA and GoodnNuff
I've only been checking BB's web site. Nothing has changed from 'coming Soon' .I don't know if the units would be shipped to stores or become available online for shipping first. In any event it really does suck. I've seen that some Canadian suppliers have received stock. I really expected BB to have some in.

Ok so once again it's looking like another sketchy bs date given to me by 3dr customer advocates. Was told my order was still weeks out but Best Buy was getting theirs late this week.

Well late this weeks here anybody tried Best Buy yet today?

I've defended and cheered for 3dr forever but I'm not sure what to say any more. Why do they keep lying to their customers is my issue now? Just be honest we've waited this long the lies are just an insult, if they don't know say that it's better than this. Not sure how many more lies we gotta just grin and bear but come on 3dr.

Hate to start this again but seriously has anybody tried Best Buy today?
I looked at BB, nothing.
I'm also feeling like you are and I'm debating whether to continue to wait this out as my faith in 3DR morphs into bitterness and distrust...or return it and eat the cost of the case or sell it for a loss, or let it join the Yuneec Q500 on the shelf as a 'fun to fly but limited use' drone that I sorta regret spending the money for.

I pre-ordered a gimbal from Fry's a week or so ago with an estimated ship date "on or before 9/21."
I'm going to stop by Fry's today and see if they have any dates on in-store stock yet.

In the meantime I'm flying the P3P and loving it. But I love flying the spidery looking 3DRIris+ as well. The Follow Me mode on it is pretty much spot on, as are the waypoints, etc., I just don't have it set up for FPV so I'm flying blind without a live view. Knowing how the Iris+ flies keeps me hoping for the Solo to get its @*#^ together.

Ordered mine direct on 9 4, looks like august folks hit the sweet spot, direct shipments appear to have gone dark again

I thought I read somewhere that the gimbals for retailers were held up in customs. This is why I ordered directly from 3DR on 8/31 and received on 9/8.

I'm pretty sure that whatever was held up has been released since B&H was part of that. It's possible BB wasn't even in last weeks shipment. Maybe next week will bring better luck.

I thought I read somewhere that the gimbals for retailers were held up in customs. This is why I ordered directly from 3DR on 8/31 and received on 9/8.
Great I ordered from 3dr a few days before you and mines a few weeks out this is bull$hit plain and simple. I'm well past being annoyed, it's just a joke every week I get a new lie and every week it doesn't happen. I've argued how great they are and how great solo is like all us real owners have and we keep getting pushed aside. I had a pre order months ago and emailed 3dr before canceling and was assured Best Buy would be my fastest route just like solo so I cancelled it. It was through adorama and I've yet to see anyone get one there anyway but this is about the fifth person behind me to recieve theirs not too mention folks that ordered in April and still have nothing. What the hell are they really doing, why would you go out of your way to make loyal customers turn on you it just makes no sense. Then fill orders for any random folks that haven't waited but a week, they're taking advantage of the early adopters cause they've waited this long already and that's pretty fu(Jed up.

I've been pretty upbeat and joked about this mostly but wtf 3dr this is a fn joke, why try to make your most loyal buyers who have been waiting forever hate your guts. I hate the whining as much as the next guy and know it's not helping but it's well past being justified at this point. If there was another option as good I'd have returned solo today and bought it, guess I'll have to what for what I paid for until next season now cause it's already cooling down here and starting to get crumby out.

Then if or when best buy does get them I'm already out 400 bucks cause 3dr charged me immediately and I'm supposed to trust that they'll refund my money before 2016. Sorry to complain just finally reaching the end of my 3dr is just overwhelmed fantasy, since they obviously aren't, sending out orders from 10 days or less ago. They really are just picking who they believe will or won't wait there's no other reason for how it's playing out. What a fuqin mess, solos a great quad, but 3dr is looking like a $hit company at this point, I don't know how else were supposed to see it beside they said F off you'll wait.

I've seen every guy who's posted here in this thread in RCG and here now since near day one and we're all being scammed and actually have defended the artist this whole time, it's really sad.

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
Pretty sad when I actually thought maybe Craigiri was right at one point today not about 90 percent of his rambling garbage but about this one thing at least.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Pretty sad when I actually thought maybe Craigiri was right at one point today not about 90 percent of his rambling garbage but about this one thing at least.
Dude was right about another thing: Philip Bloom is the Jesus Christ of Drone pilots and has the awards to show it. He does not own a Solo.

Ordered Solo package with gimbal, extra battery and props direct from 3DR on June 4th. Had to provide my CC information twice - once online and then again by phone weeks later.

Received the Solo sans gimbal with extra battery and props about 5 weeks ago, never received a tracking number until I called to cancel the entire order then was told that it couldn't be cancelled as it was in transit.

Have flown Solo about 4 times so far with no problems. Have captured a few videos with my GoPro Hero 3+ Silver.

Received my free gimbal delay battery a week ago.

Have provided my credit card information for the gimbal portion of the order an additional 4 times.

Over a week ago they verified the gimbal amount with the credit card company - I saw it on the CC website. A week goes by, the verification amount goes away, the CC is not charged.

I e-mail again - here's the response:

Hi Steven!

I have checked up on your gimbal order and I was able to push it through verifications
so we could get it authorized as soon as possible.
That has been done so now we are just waiting on the shipment.
Once your shipment gets sent out you will be receiving a tracking number via email.

The gimbal orders are coming from China and right now we are working on all backed up orders.
We greatly appreciate your patience with this product and are at your services for any further help.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Elizabeth Ibarra
3DR Customer Service Rep.
3D Robotics Inc.
24/7 Support
(858) 225-1414
(855) 982-2898

And so it goes...

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Ordered Solo package with gimbal, extra battery and props direct from 3DR on June 4th. Had to provide my CC information twice - once online and then again by phone weeks later.

Received the Solo sans gimbal with extra battery and props about 5 weeks ago, never received a tracking number until I called to cancel the entire order then was told that it couldn't be cancelled as it was in transit.

Have flown Solo about 4 times so far with no problems. Have captured a few videos with my GoPro Hero 3+ Silver.

Received my free gimbal delay battery a week ago.

Have provided my credit card information for the gimbal portion of the order an additional 4 times.

Over a week ago they verified the gimbal amount with the credit card company - I saw it on the CC website. A week goes by, the verification amount goes away, the CC is not charged.

I e-mail again - here's the response:

Hi Steven!

I have checked up on your gimbal order and I was able to push it through verifications
so we could get it authorized as soon as possible.
That has been done so now we are just waiting on the shipment.
Once your shipment gets sent out you will be receiving a tracking number via email.

The gimbal orders are coming from China and right now we are working on all backed up orders.
We greatly appreciate your patience with this product and are at your services for any further help.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Elizabeth Ibarra
3DR Customer Service Rep.
3D Robotics Inc.
24/7 Support
(858) 225-1414
(855) 982-2898

And so it goes...

It's just odd that folks who seemingly were all day one adopters or close to it are the same folks being pushed off so the new sales can get theirs. It's a first for me I've never seen a company screw it's most loyal support to get folks in that could care less about the company and just wanted a new toy. Seems like the worst business model in history, their lucky the product is a great one but that only goes so far. Sooner or later a company being run so ridiculously is bound to be outed for what it's doing. I assumed it was mistakes initially but it's a lot of mistakes, so it seems to me at least like it's deliberate and that's just bad business, no matter how you look at it.

Reactions: Mitchell Gerdes
Just found out that my CC was charged for the gimbal amount on Friday 11-Sept.. No tracking number yet, and I can't use UPS Mobile since it is being delivered to a business...

we are in the same boat, my card processed on the 10th, and mine is coming to my office. Called this morning and thy could not give me a tracking number but said if my card was charged I should get an email soon with tracking. All I got was an order confirmation, no tracking.

we are in the same boat, my card processed on the 10th, and mine is coming to my office. Called this morning and thy could not give me a tracking number but said if my card was charged I should get an email soon with tracking. All I got was an order confirmation, no tracking.
Wow still nothing here I ordered a week or so before you did for the second time and all silent since.

I just have to wonder if a bunch of the gimbals coming through customs bound for retailers also included a bunch for 3DR to ship out of cali. not they are hung up there. People were getting them within a week of card charge now it appears to have just stopped

Just got another bs response they've moved me to the front but it now takes two to three weeks to get here from China apparently, So guess I'm still a few weeks out at best. They said that time frame when I ordered again in August. If Best Buy doesn't have em this week I think Ill just have to try again next season. It's already getting cool here so sad to say I may have finally heard my last fairytale.

Sorry to hear that. I guess I'm in the same boat. I have a few more weeks to fly here. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig