Why won't my Solo go more than 1000 feet?

I must say that night flying seems perfectly acceptable to me. The drone is in fact more visible than during the day.
And what is this nonsense about cloud cover? I'm flying from the ground. Line of sight applies always, so common sense will tell you if it's too heavy. If you can't see the blasted thing... better come on down.

Listen to Bubba J splain the rules to you, Lucy.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
  • The sUAS cannot operate over persons not directly involved in the operation or under a covered protective structure, and the operation must yield the right-of-way to other aircraft (manned or unmanned).
  • Flying over houses is flying over people. People are in, around and randomly walk out of houses all the time. Listen to Bubba!
  • Flights are only permitted in daylight with a minimum weather visibility of 3 miles and distance from clouds of no less than 500 feet below and 2,000 feet horizontally.
OK so there proposed rules but you might as well get used to them!
And, the #1 rule of flight is to maintain line of sight. Yes, Solo has lights that you can see, but I challenge anyone, I don't care how good your eyesight is, to accurately know the orientation of your drone when it's 1000 ft away in the dark. It just becomes another star in the sky.

Reactions: Doug Benson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44