Whoa, whoa, whoa...what's this? The Deal!

Reaction score
So here's what I would call an excellent deal for a beginner or someone who wants a second complete system.

1. Solo kit- transmitter, solo, battery, blades, etc.

2. Solo gimbal.

3. Go Pro Hero 4 Black.

All for $530 shipped. Any way you look at it, a Hero 4 Black for $230 or a Solo with a gimbal for $200, this is a stupid good deal! These are all brand new parts btw, no refurbish, no rebuilds, used, etc. Plus B&H Photo is a respected retailer.

Here's the link,

3DR 3DR SOLO DRONE/3DR SOLO GMBL/HERO4 BLK B&H Photo Video

Wow, great find!

I know right? I'm thinking of getting a second Go Pro and B&H sells the Hero 4 Black for $330. I recently saw one at BB still at $450. Now I'm thinking of getting this instead a Hero 5 Black for $400. The cameras are close and it's like a Solo for $130.... That's just nuts!

Also, and I'd have to call them on this but it looks like you can get a Square Trade 2 year warranty for $115 with a $75 deductible.

Heck, Best Buy is back to $500 on a Solo without the gimbal.

Fwiw B&H has the Solo as follows,

Basic Solo $260
With gimbal $300
With gimbal and spare battery $360
With gimbal and back pack $400

They also carry a lot of spare parts like motors, legs, etc. I've actually purchased quite a bit from B&H and have always had a positive experience.

Last edited:
So I pulled the trigger on this deal with the 2 year warranty. We'll see how this goes.

B&H also has the Hero 4 Black for $330. Had I not just bought my third Solo I'd be all over this deal.

Fyi i just ordered a hero4 black refurb for $250 off their own website
I got the silver hero4 and sadly when I received it the charging port is loose and I can't even charge this thing without shaking/moving the usb cable. I called gopro customer support and guess what they told me - it will take 2 weeks for them to just process the return. to think that I just received this and not even a day in my hand. worst customer service. they even asked me to take a picture of the usb port - how can they check if it's loose. I guess they think I am not telling the truth. I told them all I want is a replacement. hopefully yours will be ok.

Well, I got mine! Brand new and perfectly working Hero4 Black. Brand new and perfectly working Solo with gimbal. Now I'm waiting for my Nvidia K1 from Best Buy and GPS shields from 3DR.

I got the silver hero4 and sadly when I received it the charging port is loose and I can't even charge this thing without shaking/moving the usb cable. I called gopro customer support and guess what they told me - it will take 2 weeks for them to just process the return. to think that I just received this and not even a day in my hand. worst customer service. they even asked me to take a picture of the usb port - how can they check if it's loose. I guess they think I am not telling the truth. I told them all I want is a replacement. hopefully yours will be ok.

Ill second gopro having terrible customer service. Getting a yi 4k+ next month hopefully so the goro is only used with the drone.

Ill second gopro having terrible customer service. Getting a yi 4k+ next month hopefully so the goro is only used with the drone.
now i know why that company is going down. amazon has the best customer service. if only i have a choice i wouldn't bite the bullet. it's just a day old gopro and yet they are asking me so many questions and even asking for pictures. can't they check it when i mail it back? i told them i just want a replacement yet it will take them 2 weeks to process. worst customer service ever.

So here's what I would call an excellent deal for a beginner or someone who wants a second complete system.

1. Solo kit- transmitter, solo, battery, blades, etc.

2. Solo gimbal.

3. Go Pro Hero 4 Black.

All for $530 shipped. Any way you look at it, a Hero 4 Black for $230 or a Solo with a gimbal for $200, this is a stupid good deal! These are all brand new parts btw, no refurbish, no rebuilds, used, etc. Plus B&H Photo is a respected retailer.

Here's the link,

3DR 3DR SOLO DRONE/3DR SOLO GMBL/HERO4 BLK B&H Photo Video
Congratulations.
Bought mine from best buy in Dec - 300 bucks for drone, gimbel and backpac extra batt.. Got gopro black from Go Pro refurb for around 250. Have had goo luck on refurbs.
Bill Chrisman

Congratulations.
Bought mine from best buy in Dec - 300 bucks for drone, gimbel and backpac extra batt.. Got gopro black from Go Pro refurb for around 250. Have had goo luck on refurbs.
Bill Chrisman

Yep, I got in on that deal! This was a second unit for me. There's lots of deals out there for sure. I saw a refurb for $180 just the other day. My only regret is not getting a second backpack when they were $40.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig