Where is this morning update 3DR?!

Reaction score
I've been waiting patiently on this latest firmware update for Solo that is suppose to drop today in the morning, nothing yet though but we shall see said the blind man.... :cool:

*Update is suppose to address gimbal issues as far as I know that's it.

Last night I spent some time on the phone with support about gimbal noise and droops. He said that an update "in the next few days" should fix it. Did you really expect the Oct 5 date to hold? Summon what's left of your gimbal-wait patience...

Last night I spent some time on the phone with support about gimbal noise and droops. He said that an update "in the next few days" should fix it. Did you really expect the Oct 5 date to hold? Summon what's left of your gimbal-wait patience...
All I know is that they told me today in the morning, I expected today in the morning or else some one is getting a free smart battery.... :cool:

There's more than the gimbal fixes in the release, for example there's a number of changes that will result in the Solo having a longer range. The release will be soon but it's currently being tested and if any bugs come up whilst testing that could result in it further fixes being needed.

3DR customer service just told me the update is going to be on the 15th nos.... WTF?! o_O

They are near the end of testing, like @SteveReno says, better to spend even a week or so more getting it right, than put a release out with bugs in.
Ya customer representative told me still in beta testing but supposedly they fix the drunk gimbal issue at the very least and to also expect increase range as part of the update will see about that one.

LOL, each delay we hear the same excuses (posts sandwiched between this and my previous post). "Work out the bugs" "Welcome to new product technology" etc.
I appreciate and understand that, but come on 3DR, have you met a SINGLE deadline you've set for yourselves at any point in this release? Have you ever had a single component, update, firmware release, etc., ready when you said it would be ready?
No.
So stop telling us we will have X on this date, and then on the set date, tell us you need more time.
I've been very patient, I remain very patient. 3DR has 98% of my support, and 100% of my faith that eventually The Delay will be all it was promised to be. Despite my patience, this is frustrating, and with each subsequent delay, a bit more frustrating. I'm trying to find something to laugh about, and calling my Solo "The Delay" is about all I can come up with.

LOL, each delay we hear the same excuses (posts sandwiched between this and my previous post). "Work out the bugs" "Welcome to new product technology" etc.
I appreciate and understand that, but come on 3DR, have you met a SINGLE deadline you've set for yourselves at any point in this release? Have you ever had a single component, update, firmware release, etc., ready when you said it would be ready?
No.
So stop telling us we will have X on this date, and then on the set date, tell us you need more time.
I've been very patient, I remain very patient. 3DR has 98% of my support, and 100% of my faith that eventually The Delay will be all it was promised to be. Despite my patience, this is frustrating, and with each subsequent delay, a bit more frustrating. I'm trying to find something to laugh about, and calling my Solo "The Delay" is about all I can come up with.
Haven't you seen the launch trailer the company engineering team are a bunch of monkey's, lol, now after saying that at least I'm getting my free battery if not I think I'd be kind of upset right about now.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Haven't you seen the launch trailer the company engineering team are a bunch of monkey's, lol, now after saying that at least I'm getting my free battery if not I think I'd be kind of upset right about now.
I was fortunate regarding the free battery. I purchased my Solo at Best Buy and got the free battery at time of purchase. It would disconnect from the controller within 60 seconds, I sent logs, tried many fixes with 3DR over the phone, and was issued an RMA. Instead I returned it to BB for an exchange. They told me to keep the free battery. They had to order a new Solo for me, but we had it shipped directly to my house. It arrived 3 days later with a "free battery" included. So I ended up with 3 batteries. Thanks Best Buy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M