When are we getting optical flow for the Solo, we have the answer!

Can you post some text so I don't need watch a video for a single sentence answer?

So am i correct in what im taking away from this is 'if you want optical flow, build it yourself' ?
yes...but it is likely others will build and sell. The setup requires a 3D printed housing/mount. The other hardware will be mainly off the shelf. Should be more cost effective to build your own rather than buy a slick package.

I like the idea of DIY and shouldn't be an issue to build regardless of abilities. You'll have plenty of support in the endeavor.

Edit to add: @TheBasicPilot Peter, I appreciate this and all videos you've provided to date. We're real lucky to have you here supporting Solo. You bring the group a touch of class, thanks for setting the bar.

Last edited:
3DR is saying, "From anybody and anywhere but us." We are out of the consumer market business. Adios amigo's.

A bird told me the guy who worked on the optical flow system, which was basically done, is non too pleased. (pretty sure he quit)

3DR is saying, "From anybody and anywhere but us." We are out of the consumer market business. Adios amigo's.

with 3DR exiting the consumer market, does that mean Solo and related accessories won't be sold much longer at retail outlets?

with 3DR exiting the consumer market, does that mean Solo and related accessories won't be sold much longer at retail outlets?
The hobby shops, Amazon, Bestbuy.Com, places like that. Same as the iris. More like a diy tinkerer's quad. Case in point, the gentlemen from 3DR in the video said in so many words that if you want optical flow, make it yourself.

Reactions: Otter
A bird told me the guy who worked on the optical flow system, which was basically done, is non too pleased. (pretty sure he quit)
So what's the problem?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I can confirm that all the nice addons, Optical flow, Lidar, Sonar, and so on work nicely with the upcoming Solo rebase code.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
So why can't the video from the gopro be used by the onboard computer for optical stabilization/flow?

Guys stay tuned something big .... er tiny is coming
WHEN? This will probably be the thing that pushes me for at least one GC, and to spin the level converter boards I've been designing. That tiny little bugger would be so sweet to have in reality....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44