What not to do with your Solo...

J R

Reaction score
He didn't plan this well at all. Start at 1:58 to see the crash.

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At least these kids were outside doing something! Beats the heck out of sitting on the couch playing video games. Good, polite and courteous kids though.

Jerry

And it still managed to recover and stabilize itself! It appears to be in a controlled descent and drifting with the wind. So more than likely the GPS was lost while it was flipping around. Then controller signal was lost as well. The failsafe response with no controller connection and no GPS is land mode, which without the GPS will drift with the wind as it descend slowly to the ground. I would therefore say the solo, mainly Arducopter and the Pixhawk, acted superbly. If that tree wasn't there, it may have landed and disarmed totally unscathed.

The operator on the other hand is a moron.

Reactions: Tamj and J R
At least these kids were outside doing something! Beats the heck out of sitting on the couch playing video games. Good, polite and courteous kids though.

Jerry

Looks like all the fail safes failed..:(

Reactions: J R
Stuff happens, hopefully we learn......

JR, welcome back? Thought you were done with us? I'm still working on the "crazy idea(s)" to fix the vibes.

Rich,

I don't think I said that. I think you guys are awesome. I just wasn't contributing in a positive manner and thought you guys deserved a rest. I haven't left, just haven't been contributing.

Jerry
Hey man we missed you! It's ok to talk without saying anything- I do it all the time.:confused:

He didn't plan this well at all. Start at 1:58 to see the crash.

Do these people not monitor the video as it's flying, or do they just set up the shot, hit play, put the controller down and have a smoke? You could see that impact coming far long enough to hit pause and prevent it.

Amazing that the Solo survived 2 impacts and kept on flying. If it hadn't lost GPS, it probably would have RTL'd like nothing happened! :D

I almost did something similar with a little DIY 250, but I didn't have FPV video, just a little camera recording to an SD card. I set up an orbit of a clock tower, and came probably 2 to 3 feet of running into a chimney on a building behind it. From where I was standing, the chimney was totally hidden behind the clock tower, had I moved 5 feet ether side, I would have seen it. Didn't know how close I came until I got home and watched the video.

Awesome job hitting that crane twice. Solo is a beast... agreed, it would have probably landed by itself unscathed it the tree wasn't there... amazing, not even a shattered prop!

Jerry

Was the crash real? yes due to pilot error. When it goes "haywire" the footage looks more like they were fighting in ARCO mode and didn't know how to recover it or even that the drone fly completely different... I've flown ARCO plenty of times and that is what the footage looks and sounds like.

Was the crash real? yes due to pilot error. When it goes "haywire" the footage looks more like they were fighting in ARCO mode and didn't know how to recover it or even that the drone fly completely different... I've flown ARCO plenty of times and that is what the footage looks and sounds like.
You mean "ACRO"?

3DR analyzed the logs and discovered it was mechanical failure.

what's with the crazy vibrations in the first 30seconds of the orbit?
things ended pretty well given the pilots mistake.
too bad it looks like rewind will never work as intended on Solo app, sad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso