What information does the Solo Smart Battery Hold?

Del

Reaction score
I'm just curious what information the Solo Battery holds ?
I know it remembers your last GPS location so you can get faster Sat connection when going back to that same area later!
but just wondering what other information does it hold? Or is that it?
For example.. Does it also hold your compass calibration information also?

Your thoughts

The GPS cache is in the GPS chip, not the battery. Smart battery refers to built in balancing, voltage meter (lights) and current protection.

Reactions: Chuck
The GPS cache is in the GPS chip, not the battery. Smart battery refers to built in balancing, voltage meter (lights) and current protection.
Thanks for the info Jubair...
But just wondering what does that mean exactly ( refers to built in balancing)?
And would it be safe to say that the battery has nothing to do with level or compass calibration ?

Thanks for the info Jubair...
But just wondering what does that mean exactly ( refers to built in balancing)?
And would it be safe to say that the battery has nothing to do with level or compass calibration ?
Nothing to do with calibrations either. Balancing refers to making sure that all (4 for the Solo) are at the same voltage. Without balancing, LiPo battery cells can become out of balance and when you get to peak voltage at the end of a charge, some cells could be over voltage and some under and still be at the required voltage. This can lead to cell damage and failure in use.

Lipo battery failure...
0.jpg

Nothing to do with calibrations either. Balancing refers to making sure that all (4 for the Solo) are at the same voltage. Without balancing, LiPo battery cells can become out of balance and when you get to peak voltage at the end of a charge, some cells could be over voltage and some under and still be at the required voltage. This can lead to cell damage and failure in use.

Now I understand..thanks for the information.:)
I always thought that the smart battery played more of a roll of memory for the Solo...but it looks like it's not the case!
Thank you for making me understand what exactly the Roll that the smart battery does! :)

Yea it's just smart enough not to let us use other packs basically. Smart enough to make us buy them again for 150 bucks lol. The smart part refers to the guy that came up with em making bookoo bucks cause they can charge double for the batteries and not let me use my lipo balance charger that could charge it in half the time and let me do maintenance to extend its life now it seems.

Not a big fan of the smart battery but I guess it does help to keep folks new to lipos from turning them into Roman candles. Seems most all the companies will be using them now so unless we want to hack in and replace em, guess I'll have to get used to it and hope they get cheaper as they become more common.

Their using them in everything now my brushless impact, drill, sawzall, blower and weed wacker. Seems unfortunatley everything will be using smart batteries before too long. Even the new tools are going to have Bluetooth to track activity and adjust settings now, both dewalt and Milwaukee have Bluetooth lines coming out any time now.

Kinda scary now bosses can even see how much tools are being used, gonna be a rough way for guys trying to sneak in a smoke break soon. Hopefully I'll be just running the work before that time and I'll be the guy checking these apps. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks