What do you use....

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a tablet to use with the solo. What works well does anyone have the Samsung tab A and if so what do you think of this model?

If you use the search function you will find several threads on this topic.
But to answer your question I use an iPad mini 3 which works well and I recently got a Nexus 7 (2013 model) to use Tower. It works well also.

I'm told if you have an Android device that is working with the Solo, don't update the OS or anything else. Updates have a tendency to screw up the Solo app.:cool:

I have a Tab A (ST-T350) I purchased in June 2015, can't say I have had any significant issues. I also have a IPhone 5S, both work equally well. I prefer to use the Tab A, bigger screen however, it does not have cell access so I use the IPhone to do most (not all) of the updates. The only down side with the Tab A is that you have to cache maps to it prior to going out to a remote location, although I frequently use my IPhone as a mobile hot spot where I can. Can't say I have had any issues with updates, currently running Android 5.0.2.

I like the 7" form factor, makes for a good balance between size and weight. Let me know if you have any specific questions re the Tab A.

Randy

Nexus 7 (2013). Cheap, 7" so its not too big and clunky and great performance for the price.

just ordered the nexus 9 for mine, according to Nick they use this tablet to test updates
good enough for 3DR good enough for me

Jerry, as far as I know the Nexus 7 first came out in 2012 as a Gen.1 with a significant spec change up to the Gen 2 (2013).
I hear the Gen 1 doesnt run the solo app (but will run the beta)
I can vouch for the Nexus 7 (2013) works very well, including follow and look at me, as it has a GPS and is super bright, can easily use it in the sun.
I think there are models beyond 2013 but Im not familiar with those.

Reactions: J R
the 9 came out this year I think it was made by HTC the 7 I believe was asus
they were running the 9 16gb for 199 on black Friday, I got the 32 gb for 276

I still have to get some form of tablet, I've been borrowing the wife phone (Samsung Galaxy 5) and that will have to stop at some point and my iPhone 5 is incompatible. Actual experiences from users is much more valuable than what I've managed to find on the internet so far...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150