Wanted! motor pods

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy some solo motor pods and finding it almost impossible here in Australia.
Anyone here got any for sale or know where i can get some. I'm grounded and its driving me crazy.
I have tried 3dr and they don't seem to want to sell to me.

I'm trying to buy some solo motor pods and finding it almost impossible here in Australia.
Anyone here got any for sale or know where i can get some. I'm grounded and its driving me crazy.
What was the problem getting them from 3DR? I am in TV states, but ordered 4 and got them.

I found the same, i wanted to order a few for spares and to mod/play with.
The 3DR site just says "Cannot calculate postage to your location" and thats it, end of story.
I cant find any other sellers in the US, and there doesnt look to be any of the resellers here in AU that have any parts stocked at all.
3DR need to lift their game on international shipping for spares.

I found the same, i wanted to order a few for spares and to mod/play with.
The 3DR site just says "Cannot calculate postage to your location" and thats it, end of story.
I cant find any other sellers in the US, and there doesnt look to be any of the resellers here in AU that have any parts stocked at all.
3DR need to lift their game on international shipping for spares.
Hmmm... Could you buy from a dealer like B&H photo?

3dr solo | B&H Photo Video

UAV Robotics don't have them. No solo gear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same problem...I tried to order 2 Motor Pods from the 3DR website and shipped to me in Canada..but I kept getting this msg that the item Shipped could not be calculated ..or something like that!!
So I emailed them and they told me that there China plant does not ship to Canada because of some sort of restrictions ? And 3DR also couldint give me a date when they are planning to stock up there retailers with Motor Pods!! So I tried anyways to find a retailer store like B&H who would have Motor Pods in Stock and every other retailers in Canada and the US..!! But I couldint find one retailer who would have them!!
I've even tried eBay ...but I still couldint find any!! So a month and a half went by.. Then I went to the 3DR web site last week and thought I would try to order it again just for the hell of it..then BINGO !!! It worked!!! I received my two motor pods yesterday !
Motor Pods are like Gold...It seems like if you can't get 3DR to ship Motor Pods from there China plant directly to you ..then who knows when your gonna be able to get them...and nobody knows when they will be stocking up there retailers??
I'm sure that its not going to always be like this...it just gonna take time for 3DR to ramp up there productions line in China to the point where they can stock up there retailers!

So @DazzaP when you said you've tried 3DR..do you mean there website??
I would try Calling them and talking to them one on one and explain your situation and Mabe they can get some motor pods shipped to you!!

image.jpeg

Del, now you're just teasing us. :)
Thanks for the update, I'll give 3DR another try and if it doesnt work I'll try every so often to see if I can actually get my hands on some.
Cheers,

Reactions: Del
Del, now you're just teasing us. :)
Thanks for the update, I'll give 3DR another try and if it doesnt work I'll try every so often to see if I can actually get my hands on some.
Cheers,
Sorry for the tease Roland.. I was just so happy to finally get my Motor pods after a month and a half :)
Good luck on getting yours and getting your Bird in the air..I'm sure you will succeed ..it just might take time!

LOL, my Solo is all good, I just want a few spares to play with, just cant help modding stuff, looking for efficency gains in motor/prop combinations
Dazzas is apparently not so well, and he is looking for them to get his bird back in the air.
Just checked with the 3DR website, they have a restriction, and only ship to USA and Canada.
So it will be a wait until local stock arrives I guess.

LOL, my Solo is all good, I just want a few spares to play with, just cant help modding stuff, looking for efficency gains in motor/prop combinations
Dazzas is apparently not so well, and he is looking for them to get his bird back in the air.
Just checked with the 3DR website, they have a restriction, and only ship to USA and Canada.
So it will be a wait until local stock arrives I guess.
Just thinking out loud, but since 3DR lists several Solo dealers in AU, I wonder if you could contact 3DR to send to them? Has anyone checked the others on the AU list?

Last edited:
Reactions: Del
You guys are cruel, showing off your pods like some cheap easy street pilots. I have tried a few suppliers in Australia, they wont have any till mid November (so maybe December?). Its looking like I will just have to wait till then. I haven't had a chance to have a good look at mine since the crash but plan to have a play this weekend. With any luck i may be able to get it going. My other problem is the gimbal as its lifeless at the moment as well.

I want to see more efficient ones.
I have used similar props in thrust tests, and they are ok, not great but ok.
But this is O.T. so I'll save it for later.

I want to see more efficient ones.
I have used similar props in thrust tests, and they are ok, not great but ok.
But this is O.T. so I'll save it for later.
P props work... Including CF... Not recommending at all. Just sayin...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44