Video Editing??

I understand that 4K gives you more "room" to crop, zoom, etc but does it provide any other advantage right now if it needs to be down sampled for viewing?

I'm not being argumentative, I'm just trying to learn about 4K!:cool:
With 4k you have more to work with. Say your output is 1080p. If your source is 4k, you can crop, stabilize, or rotate the image and still have it be full 1080. If it was a1080 source you couldn't do that-you would lose resolution (though technically you would lose resolution going from 4k to 1080, but you wouldn't notice it)

Reactions: Maddog
And....here I am landing FrankenLens2. Truly, flying a pair (or even one) RED Epic is significantly more weighty and painful. But...no broken (nor even strained) neck.
Landing Frankenlens.jpg POV Shootout -Ziggy.jpg

I understand that 4K gives you more "room" to crop, zoom, etc but does it provide any other advantage right now if it needs to be down sampled for viewing?

I'm not being argumentative, I'm just trying to learn about 4K!:cool:
2.7k can be a great compromise. The size of the 4K files can make them unwieldy (unless you have a super-powerful machine), but 2.7 melted down to 1080p works very well.

And....here I am landing FrankenLens2. Truly, flying a pair (or even one) RED Epic is significantly more weighty and painful. But...no broken (nor even strained) neck.
View attachment 1800 View attachment 1801
Now that is just plain awesome. Wish I could get back under the canopy too, but I've gotta wait for some more surgery.
Still, I can still tool around in my ultralights!

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
Sorry if I missed it, but what's the purpose of all those cameras on your head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if I missed it, but what's the purpose of all those cameras on your head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was doing a POV camera review for Outdoor magazine.

Here is a version of the same review, for CreativeCOW emagazine. It's more detailed than the Outdoor version.
CreativeCOW

Last edited:
Reactions: DattaGroover
Thank

Thank you yet again.......I am currently on a PC, I dont think Prores is compatible with PC right?
Here is a link to the little vid I put together from the footage I shot today, let me know what you think...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice. But It appears your gimbal is unbalanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44