Upcoming Software Update

Reaction score
Anyone have any inside intel on when the next software update is going to be released? Last month on another blog the CEO messaged me that it was suppose to be May 15th, and it's going to have "Boat Mode" which is what many of us are waiting for. I messaged him after the 15th to ask but no response. Anyone on here got any info or hear of a new release date? I need that Boat Mode. Need it badly.

I'm having a hard time believing that the CEO of 3DR messaged you personally to tell you it would be released on May 15th. There has never been a date. It was always "coming soon", and per 3DR, most likely to be over the summer for the bulk of the features. That information has not changed.

I'm having a hard time believing that the CEO of 3DR messaged you personally to tell you it would be released on May 15th. There has never been a date. It was always "coming soon", and per 3DR, most likely to be over the summer for the bulk of the features. That information has not changed.

Chris Anderson was who messaged me, it was my understanding he's the guru but whatever. We exchanged several messages actually and according to him their internal beta testing on it went very well and last I heard from him a few weeks ago was it was being externally tested by some users, and their target date for release was as stated above.

Then again maybe that was just an estimated date hence the "coming soon" we hear etc.

As with all software, it is ready when it is ready
Chris is a great guy, but I have yet to meet an Chief IT officer who could accurately nail software release dates without heavily fudging, much less a CEO

Last I heard Boat Mode would not make the next release, and it was hoped to be a complete re base of solo to arducopter but will now require a second release to get there.
No update on when it will be released.

Chris is a great guy, but I have yet to meet an Chief IT officer who could accurately nail software release dates without heavily fudging, much less a CEO

Last I heard Boat Mode would not make the next release, and it was hoped to be a complete re base of solo to arducopter but will now require a second release to get there.

Okay thanks so much for the info.

To be clear though, it's NOT in 2.3.0-1, correct? I've got that and just trying to initialize the solo and say, just holding it my hand (as in not a stable platform), no dice, only 4 green lights. Then when I put it down on the table, viola, it boots up.

The most recent update released the new Follow Mode options such as leash and spot lock. Boat Mode and the other new smart shot features are not out yet.

The most recent update released the new Follow Mode options such as leash and spot lock. Boat Mode and the other new smart shot features are not out yet.

I noticed you mentioned the spot lock in other posts too yet the only thing that comes to mind is the Look at Me and the Zip Line. Only Look At Me is released and functioning but spot lock? Where's that? It would be handy to have without using Tower.

Last edited:
To be clear though, it's NOT in 2.3.0-1, correct? I've got that and just trying to initialize the solo and say, just holding it my hand (as in not a stable platform), no dice, only 4 green lights. Then when I put it down on the table, viola, it boots up.
It is not, and will not be in 2.4 or what ever it will be called
It is two releases away at this point

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44