Unexplained crash :(

Reaction score
Went in on two new solos around the holidays last season when best buy was having their deals. First drone I've ever had and I loved it up until it fell out of the sky back in march. There was snow on the ground and I flew for two packs and then went up for the third. Was 200-300 feet in air when the drone seemed to lose power and free fall. The drone was toast. Go pro was okay though and oddly stopped recording mid fall. I contacted 3dr help right away and got a swift response that they would look at my logs. Well it's almost june now and my drone is still in pieces. I keep getting replies that they are looking at the logs. From what i've read on this site, some of you guys can figure out what happened pretty easily. I may be out of luck on getting this drone replaced but i'd at least like to know what the heck happened. If someone could help me out with the logs then that would be great. I want to put my other drone up in the air but i'm gun shy at this point. I don't want to crash another one. :(

Does sound like a motor pod failure or power issue. I'd fly your second Solo why you wait. I've never used the 3DR customer service but I've heard that they are more responsive to online chat during business hours than email.
That being said, if you can figure out to pull a copy of your Data flash log and post it here, someone will look at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44