Trouble with Support

Reaction score
Anyone else having long delays with customer support getting a vehicle replaced?

having a very slow Gimbal Replacement has been 3 weeks Today.
I mean up front they did say 2 to 3 weeks but it hasn't arrived today, but original support about sending it back and providing Fedex paperwork was excellent.

I'm having very long delays just getting email responses. Solo fell out of the air due to "motor malfunction" on the 10th. I get a response about every 2-4 days from them after they ask for something.

I'm having very long delays just getting email responses. Solo fell out of the air due to "motor malfunction" on the 10th. I get a response about every 2-4 days from them after they ask for something.
Ouch that's a nasty one how much damage did you suffer, I had that happen on a big hex one motor seized on its maiden flight but I slowly got it repaired and she's flying, you will have to keep emailing them and they eventually come back, but that sounds nasty bad luck.

Ouch that's a nasty one how much damage did you suffer, I had that happen on a big hex one motor seized on its maiden flight but I slowly got it repaired and she's flying, you will have to keep emailing them and they eventually come back, but that sounds nasty bad luck.
I actually got pretty lucky, was only about 60ft up, and it fell into a tree and tumbled down to the ground. Lost 1 prop, broke the other 3. Just some light scratches on the battery and a couple of the plastic lenses popped off the led's, other than that no visible damage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: John hill
I actually got pretty lucky, was only about 60ft up, and it fell into a tree and tumbled down to the ground. Lost 1 prop, broke the other 3. Just some light scratches on the battery and a couple of the plastic lenses popped off the led's, other than that no visible damage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If you can be lucky in a Prang you were lucky, could have been a Lot worse, have you sent them your logs etc? Just have patience they will get around to it, I dare say 3DR are somewhat busy and it works on a FIFO basis. Cheers.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
If you can be lucky in a Prang you were lucky, could have been a Lot worse, have you sent them your logs etc? Just have patience they will get around to it, I dare say 3DR are somewhat busy and it works on a FIFO basis. Cheers.
I strongly suggest people call in. They are 24/7. Not sure if it's just me, and I am not sure why (as sometimes I even get the same people) but I have had much better luck and faster service on the phone. Especially getting the ball rolling.

Reactions: John hill
I strongly suggest people call in. They are 24/7. Not sure if it's just me, and I am not sure why (as sometimes I even get the same people) but I have had much better luck and faster service on the phone. Especially getting the ball rolling.
Oh ok 24/7 thanks for that, I wasn't aware of that, I seem to get back to one guy all the time who up till now has been very good but the clocks ticking before I deliver a serve, I just want my Gimbal back, repaired or replaced I don't care.

Oh ok 24/7 thanks for that, I wasn't aware of that, I seem to get back to one guy all the time who up till now has been very good but the clocks ticking before I deliver a serve, I just want my Gimbal back, repaired or replaced I don't care.
Yes,
They seem to get assigned an issue and generally follow it through, but I have "swapped" people mid issue a few times, and something about the immediacy of the phone seems (knock on wood) to light fires... Another trick is that when starting with email, i would never get anything back quick. I learned to always start an issue over the phone, even when I had to send logs. Especially on weekends :)

Phone is definitely best, get the name of whoever helped you and keep dealing with them. It took 2 1/2 weeks to replace my Solo (I got a brand new one shipped from china), at first I would just talk to whoever answered, a week into it I was no closer to a remedy so I just kept asking for the same person he knew who i was and got everything sorted out quickly. It really helps them because they don't have to read your file and try to figure out what to do.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Hmm yea my recent issues seem to be in a holding pattern going through email now. Was just easier since I had to email them so many different logs, receipts, videos, more logs and so on but think I will have to call and get the ball rolling tomorrow. Kinda nerve racking that their support seemed to be faster and caught up until this last update, wonder how much of that is the update or being overwhelmed and how much is the flight time on solos getting to a point where hardware that's not up to par is failing now. Well at least we got warranty and support, 3 weeks is better than 6 or more or nothing at all like others competitors, it could always be worse.

Good luck everybody

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44