TOO Hot To Fly!

Reaction score
Well summer is upon us again here in the South West with its heat, and it heats up quick! My iPhone 6+ keeps shutting down while I'm in the middle of flying around. I use a sun hood but it keeps saying operating temp is to hot or something like that and turns off. I end up just bringing the drone back for a landing and try to cool the phone down with the cars AC. Still a pain and tried different times of the day as well. Also my ipad mini does the same thing.

plenty of people fly around Phoenix with no problems........your devices are the problem......check them......

I hope this isn't heretical, but I use a DJI sun hood for my Solo's iPad Mini 4, for the sole reason that the DJI hood is WHITE on the outside, which means that it stays MUCH cooler than the black sun hoods that Solo users seem to prefer. This white sun hood keeps the iPad Mini plenty cool even here in the Southern California summer sun. And it nicely folds up and fits with the iPad into the tablet pocket of the Solo backpack.

I think you need to just send me all your faulty equipment and update to all new, its cooler here in Michigan...........LOL...., it was worth a try, he he he :)

Reactions: twk01

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig