Third outing ever: I am NOT ready for manual flight!

Making it flip is easy. Leveling off after the flip without smashing into the ground is the skill. Which I also lack.

Solo is heavy and does not flip like a CX-10(or similar) that snaps around. You cannot flip Solo in FLY because the angle is limited. In ACRO with stock pids the roll rate is slow so your MO to flipping is goose the throttle to get some altitude, go full over with the right stick (forward, back, left or right) and pull the throttle back so Solo doesn't accelerate into the ground when inverted:) Then level off at the right time while adding throttle, that's the hard part.

Increasing the roll and pitch rate would help a lot but I was just having fun because I did not have a gimbal. Solo isn't meant for aerobatics but it does show it's flight envelope compared to other similar quads. That same Solo is still flying today mostly doing Follow videos.

Reactions: SPP and Solo Keith
Just a little follow up. I've had a chance to get in a little more flying time. I was in a more open space and even though there was more wind than I like, I tried Manual again. It was very fun and responsive (I turned up the speed settings) and I was getting the hang of it quite well. My past RC experience came back, like riding a bike. Before I got too brave I turned it back to FLY and practiced with some of the SMART features. I got Selfie to work great, had a little trouble with Orbit again and Follow Me wouldn't work because my tablet couldn't get a GPS lock for itself. Funny, I could get Google Maps to work in the same location but never enough GPS on it to make Solo happy. I guess if I need to use an App feature that uses GPS I'll just have to switch to my phone since the cheap tablet I'm using for a screen has weak GPS capabilities.

I wonder if I'd have any better luck with Solex vs. the Solo App when it comes to GPS-oriented features? Like I said, the tablet can get GPS info, just not enough to make the Solo App happy for some reason.

Just a little follow up. I've had a chance to get in a little more flying time. I was in a more open space and even though there was more wind than I like, I tried Manual again. It was very fun and responsive (I turned up the speed settings) and I was getting the hang of it quite well. My past RC experience came back, like riding a bike. Before I got too brave I turned it back to FLY and practiced with some of the SMART features. I got Selfie to work great, had a little trouble with Orbit again and Follow Me wouldn't work because my tablet couldn't get a GPS lock for itself. Funny, I could get Google Maps to work in the same location but never enough GPS on it to make Solo happy. I guess if I need to use an App feature that uses GPS I'll just have to switch to my phone since the cheap tablet I'm using for a screen has weak GPS capabilities.

I wonder if I'd have any better luck with Solex vs. the Solo App when it comes to GPS-oriented features? Like I said, the tablet can get GPS info, just not enough to make the Solo App happy for some reason.

I believe I remember reading what another member on here wrote about the Follow ME smart shot not working on the Android 3DR app, I believe SOLEX FollowMe will work with your tablet. Browse the solex app thread, sure you'll find a definite answer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso