The Machine

Holy crap! Was this in manual mode? You have some mad skills to fly in such a narrow pathway.

Yes manual. Not easy. Manual isn't completely manual. The controller didn't like all the metal, Powerlines and who knows what else

Instead of flying that, I think you would get much better results if you simply suspended the Solo from the end of a pole and walked the route letting the gimbal smooth out the video.

Instead of flying that, I think you would get much better results if you simply suspended the Solo from the end of a pole and walked the route letting the gimbal smooth out the video.
My thoughts also, but my client wanted to pay me for footage via drone, so I didn't let my thought get to my mouth.

My thoughts also, but my client wanted to pay me for footage via drone, so I didn't let my thought get to my mouth.
Actually was thinking about an extendable painters pole with one of those handheld gimbals with gopro.

Wow. Were you in Fly Manual (alt hold) or Stabilize?
Manual, although altitude wasn't holding to good. It wasn't so bad in the wide open tunnel but as I would approach a bunch of metal it would almost come to a stop and I'd have to give more input to get it going again.

Barometric pressure in a tunnel will vary as equipment in the tunnel moves around. That will trick the altimeter in the drone into thinking it's climbing or descending. Are you saying pitch and roll would stop too?

Manual, although altitude wasn't holding to good. It wasn't so bad in the wide open tunnel but as I would approach a bunch of metal it would almost come to a stop and I'd have to give more input to get it going again.
Personally, I prefer stabilize for indoor flying.

Man sorry I missed it
I flew mine one time indoors. (total lapse of common sense) took a chunk out of my TV stand and broke two props good
My Dog does not mess with it anymore

I do plan to add on the DIY lidar rig just not sure when.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks