The Crazies Are Out On eBay

Reaction score
Looking at what was out on eBay a few minutes ago, I noticed a few shockers:

Solo 3DR Transmiter Battery Charger - $89
Solo 3DR Battery Charger - $99

Yep, that's for JUST the plug. It also looks like the going price for a pair of stock props in about $22(!)

But, by far my favorite is this one:

3dr solo drone rev b GPS module free ship - pulled from brand new unused drone - $125

Pretty funny since you can get MRO's much much much better GPS for $80.

Good times, good times... :rolleyes:

How about a Solo with gimbal for $1499.98?

There are currently 5 auctions with a total price over $1000.

Also many offering USED Solos for more than twice as much as you'd pay for a NEW one at Best Buy (while they last at least).

Reactions: Whisky56
To the right of the eBay Search bar look for "Advanced" and click on that and search '3DR Solo' checking the box SOLD ITEMS... That is a better indicator of what people are actually paying for items on eBay. Listings at the prices quoted above are not selling. FYI

I think the OP was considering the people trying to SELL at these prices crazy. If anyone were to buy at these prices they'd have to be nuts so I'm sure no one does.

I think the OP was considering the people trying to SELL at these prices crazy. If anyone were to buy at these prices they'd have to be nuts so I'm sure no one does.

Maybe.... but I always look at the Sold Listing for reference. There are CRAZY listing prices for almost ANY ITEM on eBay from Phones, MacBooks, PC's, Laptops and every other item - almost. Some of those listings may just be there to comply with regulations that an item is offered for full retail and the vendor knows they have ZERO chance of selling at that price.

Kohl's and Macy's (I think) just got in trouble for this very thing in California.

JCPenney, Kohl's, Macy's and Sears sued over misleading prices

I have a Rev A GPS Board I just pulled after replacing with mRobotics.io M8N board......if ebay is asking $125 for 'B" board....maybe I can get double that for the "A" board....it is an original ....aren't they worth more being an original........kind of like paintings.....LOL

You can ask for anything; what you get is something else. Having been chastened by over-buying supplies in other hobbies, I think my original Solo + a complete second system should provide enough spares and redundancy for the foreseeable future. Something else is likely to come along that will render the Solo passe although I like and appreciate the grassroots interest and body of knowledge that exists.

To the right of the eBay Search bar look for "Advanced" and click on that and search '3DR Solo' checking the box SOLD ITEMS... That is a better indicator of what people are actually paying for items on eBay. Listings at the prices quoted above are not selling. FYI

If they WERE selling I'd have to track down the buyer and sell him/her a bridge...

You can ask for anything; what you get is something else. Having been chastened by over-buying supplies in other hobbies, I think my original Solo + a complete second system should provide enough spares and redundancy for the foreseeable future. Something else is likely to come along that will render the Solo passe although I like and appreciate the grassroots interest and body of knowledge that exists.

I now have two active systems and one that's boxed up as a reserve. No more for me. I intend to fly these until they die and can't be fixed. Passé doesn't enter into the equation for me. Not anytime in the near future for certain, in any event.

I am sure there is a multitude of people out there who are snapping up these Solos whenever they hit the $299 price point just so they can store them and resell when the prices go back up. Or sell when the 3DR stock runs out.

If you stocked up battery for the Solo, you may want to stock up a spare battery for the controller, too.

You may be looking at non-US sellers.
It's very difficult to get the units shipped to Australia from US because of the batteries. And Harvey Norman (our version of BB) has taken them from the shelves so they aren't available retail anymore here...

neX:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44