Sun reflections off iPad.

Reaction score
I've always used a monitor on a tripod with a good sun shade for FPV, but I like the Solo app on an iPad attached to the controller. The problem, as we all know, is the crazy reflections.

Today I tested out a matte finish screen protector from iCarez. It works pretty darn well. I didn't even really need my sun shade. Having said that, a screen protector like this one (link below) combined with a sunshade is pretty awesome.

I'm sure a lot of you do this already, but thought I'd share.

Edit (updated link):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HAZ0PB2?ref_=ya_aw_oh_pii&pldnSite=1

Thanks. The scratch protection also comes in handy when I jam too much gear together.

I agree about the liking the tablet on the controller with a sunshade. The controller and my tablet roll forward a lot due to weight. So I tend to readjust a lot. Any thoughts on improving that weight distribution issue.

The controller and my tablet roll forward a lot due to weight. So I tend to readjust a lot. Any thoughts on improving that weight distribution issue.
Same issue here. I've been thinking about trying to attach my Neck strap further forward on the controller, possibly at the base of the smartphone/tablet mounting arm.

Reactions: VideoArch
Same issue here. I've been thinking about trying to attach my Neck strap further forward on the controller, possibly at the base of the smartphone/tablet mounting arm.

Yes that might work. I was also thinking about attaching something at the base of the controller that might act as a counterweight. Maybe the 2 together would solve the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig