Sun Hood

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I notice the sun hoods are out of stock on 3dr's web store. I have a couple of questions:

- are those actually useful?
- if they are, is there any 3rd party alternative? Or DIY? I'm using my iPhone 6.

Going to a sunny place soon, so was wondering if one would/could help

Thanks

Reactions: Dave Folts
I received one of the 3DR ones for my birthday (my wife is resourceful like that). It is very high quality with built in magnets to allow it to click open or fold flat and fit in the backpack. Seriously, though, you really could build a decent one yourself.

Yes they are useful. Try eBay or a Google search.
I made one by folding cardboard and taping it to itself so it would slip over my iPad mini. Wasn't pretty but worked great.

I too have the one from 3DR and really like it.

Do you guys know if 3DR discontinued them? They've been sold out for a while ..

Hey guys,

I notice the sun hoods are out of stock on 3dr's web store. I have a couple of questions:

- are those actually useful?
- if they are, is there any 3rd party alternative? Or DIY? I'm using my iPhone 6.

Going to a sunny place soon, so was wondering if one would/could help

Thanks

I use the Hoodman's products. Look here for one that fits your device: Products in Drones, Phones and Tablet - www.hoodmanusa.com

Pro grade stuff. No need to swing away from the Solo to get shade etc.

I recently retired and was going to throw away the thermal lunch bag I've used for years but after looking at some hoods, I realized they look just like the lunch bag so I cut a slot in the back, painted the insulation black and it works like a champ with my iPad mini and didn't have to pay ridiculous prices as listed in the hoodies link above.

Reactions: Tamj

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado