sudden drop to 24%

Reaction score
hello felllow soloer today ive encounter sudden percentage drop 1 of my battery before the solo take off the bat fully charge and then maybe 60 metters away and 40 meters altitude the bat drop to 40% all of the sudden what cause probably?

I had a battery do the same thing some time ago, and it never was right after that. It was less than a year old and I ended up sending it back to 3DR. It was a bit of a hassle, but they ended up replacing it. I know that is more difficult with Toiletbowl's location, but I would at least chat with support about it and see what they say. I would be real leery of trusting a battery that did that, even though it seemed to be ok after a recharge. Be careful!

Drain the battery down as far as you can (5-10%). Then charge it. If the battery never reaches below 10%, the calibration mechanism in the battery never gets triggered during charging and the numbers can drift after some time and it will report less power than it actually has. All of these smart batteries need to be drained periodically to maintain the gauges or they will start to report erroneous information. The magic number is below 10%. It's actually the same for your smart phone, tablet, and most other things using lipos. I know Apple recommends it for longer life of their products.

guys this is strange i recharge again after 5 minutes the led status back to fully charge why so fast hehehe, ok i will drain down to 5 or 10% well see whats gonna happen

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado