stabilization question

Reaction score
hey guys new to the forum i have had my solo for about 3 months now and just recently had my first crash and i broke two propellers thankfully my motors didn't get ruined but the question is now that i fly it i feel like it has issues staying in place very minor but didn't remember being like that. is their away to re calibrate it to make it stay a little more?

thanks guys!

Welcome!

Did you do a compass & level calibration after the crash?
Balance the new props if necessary?

Great point from maddog, I would also check your GPS and make sure the foil is not touching any thing on the board.

I have a Rev B GPS in my Solo and did the Cardboard mod because it was taking a several minutes to get 7-8 satellites and a lock. What worries me is, even after getting a lock on 8 Satellites there seems to be quite a bit of drift.

OK, now this may seem a little strange but it has fixed some guys solo's. Remove gimbal, turn solo upside down and smack a couple of times with your hand on the assy bay. Some times after a crash a accelerometer can stick and this will "SET IT FREE" again.

I have a Rev B GPS in my Solo and did the Cardboard mod because it was taking a several minutes to get 7-8 satellites and a lock. What worries me is, even after getting a lock on 8 Satellites there seems to be quite a bit of drift.

What does quite a bit of drift mean to you? Commercial GPS has an advertised error of 20 feet, but many systems can improve on this. From gps.gov website the actual measured user range error is about 2.3 feet (95% certainly). With nearby buildings or terrain that can cause signal reflections it will be less accurate than that.
If you expect centimeter GPS accuracy, you will need to invest into an RTK system (about $500).

I used to have a Hubsan H501S and it didn't drift more than about a foot....So that's why I thought the Solo would be similar.

My Solos hold position within a foot. I have 2 Solos with Rev A boards with the "cardboard" mod (actually 3D printed spacer) and stock shielding and one with the mRo GPS and stock shielding.
Have you tried flying in an area away from buildings and high terrain? You might be getting some multi-path interference.

Don't forget that you're supposed to always do a level and compass calibration with every first flight of each day
-words from 3DR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986