Solo with leve Calibration error

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Solo and Cannot get the level to calibrate. I have done several resets on drone and controller. And I have also tried several times calibrating level On Solo app. With no luck. Does anyone think the pinhawk Replacement will fix this issue?

You could have a stuck accelerometer. I've purchased 3 drones like this and found an easy fix.
A: Place the drone on it's feet on the ground. Hold the drone steady with your left hand and give it a sharp smack on the ass. You want it to be a sharp smack, but not forceful enough to break anything. You're just trying to unstick that accelerometer, not beat the crap out of it.

or

B: Place the drone laying down on it's back. Hold the drone steady with one hand and give it a sharp smack on it's belly. You don't want the drone to bounce or anything, that's why you're holding it steady with one hand.

Those are two proven methods for unsticking an accelerometer and I've had first hand experience with this one.

If this doesn't work, yes a pixhawk replacement would be next, however don't rush out and buy one just yet. I've a spare lying about I can sell you cheaply. Might as well save yourself some cash rather than pay full price.

No worries, I'm glad that it worked, I tried doing that with 6 drones and broke them completely.............................. KIDDING! No seriously, I bought 3 drones off Ebay for $68 a piece, 2 of them had that exact problem, smacked them and they worked just fine. So that's a tried and true method for unsticking a stuck accelerometer. Just a reminder though to everyone (because it's popped up a few times) this method will NOT work with a compass error. It's a totally different problem and totally different hardware.

Reactions: Camaross
Again I really appreciate the help. I will definitely share information. I’m all about trying to do things to help other people. It is so nice to have a Site like this to share info.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
You could have a stuck accelerometer. I've purchased 3 drones like this and found an easy fix.
A: Place the drone on it's feet on the ground. Hold the drone steady with your left hand and give it a sharp smack on the ass. You want it to be a sharp smack, but not forceful enough to break anything. You're just trying to unstick that accelerometer, not beat the crap out of it.

or

B: Place the drone laying down on it's back. Hold the drone steady with one hand and give it a sharp smack on it's belly. You don't want the drone to bounce or anything, that's why you're holding it steady with one hand.

Those are two proven methods for unsticking an accelerometer and I've had first hand experience with this one.

If this doesn't work, yes a pixhawk replacement would be next, however don't rush out and buy one just yet. I've a spare lying about I can sell you cheaply. Might as well save yourself some cash rather than pay full price.
It also works for delivering babies.:eek:

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks