Solo went for a drink in the deep blue sea

You know what they say.... beauty is in the eyes of the beholder- but if you can’t see shit... you wouldn’t know better.
I’m out bud- phones dying and I’m camping and a thunderstorm is a brewing. Gonna get wet tonight. Wetter the better.

Another thought... I think good outdoors-
that “ salty solo “ would go good with a nice bottle of tequila. Just saying. Drink, lick Solo, bite lime. You may have a new trademark there pablo!

Are you walking around with a dog or a white cane?
No sir. I'm just practicing my Dependa Vision. I am a future Marine after all. Can't be out there slaying gorgeous women. Who is gonna love on the fat ones if not Marines?

Another thought... I think good outdoors-
that “ salty solo “ would go good with a nice bottle of tequila. Just saying. Drink, lick Solo, bite lime. You may have a new trademark there pablo!
First time I've been able to laugh about it since! Lmao.
Drink
Lick Solo
Bite Lime.
I think I'm gonna make that a shirt or get a decal for my solo when its airworthy. "Salty Solo"

No sir. I'm just practicing my Dependa Vision. I am a future Marine after all. Can't be out there slaying gorgeous women. Who is gonna love on the fat ones if not Marines?
That’s what we use the Coast Guard for you big dummy!!

Isopropyl is supposed to displace the water and evaporates much more quickly due to a lower vapor pressure, reducing the chances for (metallic) salt deposition. Ideally you want ot reverse the order and do Isopropyl, then deionized, then isopropyl, then deionized water, then isopropyl. One is aiming to reduce as much as possible the metallic and other conductive deposits left behind by evaporation.

THEN dry it as efficiently as possible.

The immersion in sea water likely leached the gold and some of the silver from the solder, possibly leading to tin whiskers in the future. But tin whiskers are too unpredictable to be certain of either way. If it powers up, enjoy it. :D
This should be one of those guides people print out and then hope to god they never need to use!

I would take the usable parts from the dunked Solo and build an Ardu-boat ArduBoat User Group
to pull your line out while surf fishing < this will actually float because it's a boat and there's no need to worry about falling into the ocean from great heights...

While its a novel idea to cast a fishing line from a drone it's inevitable that Murphy's law is going to come into play here one way or another...

Catch fish with Remote Control Boats or use your own | remote control fishing boat | radio control fishing boat | rc fishing boat toy

Last edited:
Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I would take the usable parts from the dunked Solo and build an Ardu-boat ArduBoat User Group
to pull your line out while surf fishing < this will actually float because it's a boat and there's no need to worry about falling into the ocean from great heights...

While its a novel idea to cast a fishing line from a drone it's inevitable that Murphy's law is going to come into play here one way or another...

Catch fish with Remote Control Boats or use your own | remote control fishing boat | radio control fishing boat | rc fishing boat toy

The only thing about this idea and trust me I've put some thought into it is the waves. Sometimes itll be a calm day and itll be doable but you get SLIGHTLY choppy waters and that poor thing will he fighting for dear life.
That and maybe a gps boat is hard for me to think about building. Either way, drones are a lot more risky but less hassle and more usability.

Then again that's all my opinion.

The only thing about this idea and trust me I've put some thought into it is the waves. Sometimes itll be a calm day and itll be doable but you get SLIGHTLY choppy waters and that poor thing will he fighting for dear life.
That and maybe a gps boat is hard for me to think about building. Either way, drones are a lot more risky but less hassle and more usability.

Then again that's all my opinion.
Ardu-SuB?

Anyway I was being somewhat facetious cause I tend to build all sorts of crap from Solo Parts...Carry on...

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Ardu-SuB?

Anyway I was being somewhat facetious cause I tend to build all sorts of crap from Solo Parts...Carry on...
Lmao that might not be a bad idea but you also now have to consider the line being in water. It causes more drag than say open air simply due to the viscosity of water and fluid dynamics of braided line. Which I'm not interested in finding out. I'm already up to my nose in math having to build a steam powered jet boat for my Fluids class.
When I said I gave it some thought...I gave it some thought. Even with maybe powering a boat with one of those sea glide scooter then that adds to the list of hassle. Batteries, weight vs power and diminishing returns of that battle

Sooo. Update.
I have 2 parts drones, 4 gimbals, and one salty drone. Sell everything, trade a gimbal for a new bird, keep downed birds for parts when I decide to turn my drone into a submarine again, try
Ardu-SuB?

And XevetS builds some wicked toys- he has posted a pic or two of some of his creations. CRAZY!

Reactions: Kevin15664
I have one my neglected son-
I’m sitting somewhere in West Virginia camping- it’s been raining since I got here- guess Mother Nature’s tears of joy after destroying your drone-

I’m sitting somewhere in West Virginia camping- it’s been raining since I got here- guess Mother Nature’s tears of joy after destroying your drone-
My girlfriend lives in Charleston!

You’re going to have to be patient- won’t get back to the house until Sunday- I actually have a few, once I installed HERE- the leg compass is eliminated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus