Solo timezone?

Reaction score
I've been trying to look at some logs on my Solo and there seems to be a timezone difference between Mission Planner and the actual logs on the unix host running on the Solo. Retrieving logs via Mission planner is extremely slow over UDP for me so I'll probably opt to pull down future logs with WinSCP.

Anyway, would it be wise to change the timezone on the Solo from UTC to my timezone?

How, why? Does the processor have a real time clock. I wouldn't think so. Probably getting time info from satellites which would be UTC.

Not sure how it gets its time. If your run the date command it shows the correct time but it's off 5 hours or whatever my offset is. Wasn't connected to gps then so there must be something keeping time.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Not sure how it gets its time. If your run the date command it shows the correct time but it's off 5 hours or whatever my offset is. Wasn't connected to gps then so there must be something keeping time.

Solo uses the Neo-7N GPS module for time reference. The on-board battery in The NEO-7N keeps a RTC based on the last GPS lock in UTC format. This feature is built-in the NEO Navigation modules and not something 3DR has programmed.

So is there a config file that can be changed to make it CST?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M