Solo: The next version?

John, if nothing else you have time to practice with Solo- getting familiar with setting up smart shots and so on.
That's what I did while waiting for my gimbal.

It's weird that people are still waiting for gimbals. I ordered my Solo at the very end of August from B&H and the gimbal was available and included in the package. Even right now they show that the gimbal is in stock.

I've heard Best Buy is now exclusive retailer... could you pick up one there and get a refund for the first? Dunno, but it's something to ask 3DR about, just in case.
i went into best buy the other and the 3dr stuff was gone and replaced with all DJI stuff.

John, if nothing else you have time to practice with Solo- getting familiar with setting up smart shots and so on.
That's what I did while waiting for my gimbal.
Don't worry I am getting plenty of practice when the weather allows, its the spring storm season here and winds but hopefully I will get it soon they did say today (Friday) i would be getting Tracking details...we'll see.

Reactions: Maddog
It's weird that people are still waiting for gimbals. I ordered my Solo at the very end of August from B&H and the gimbal was available and included in the package. Even right now they show that the gimbal is in stock.
I did have a Gimbal, but I didn't have any Vision from the GoPro so I sent it back with a quote(2 to 3 week turnaround) that was 6 weeks ago.

Hi John. I, like you, am really enjoying my Solo. It was a huge improvement with the 3 axis gimbal. I couldn't believe the improvement in the video. Also like you I have had to return my gimbal and am awaiting my rebuilt gimbal. My problem was the gimbal flopping off to one side and shaken like crazy. Crazy thing about it was this didn't happen until after I did the new update that was supposed to fix this. They said my turn around would be about two weeks. So in the meantime I reinstalled my old gimbal that came with Solo originally and flew it. What an eye opener. It was a shaky mess. So hopefully it won't be too long before we are up and flying again. And being able to make a good video. Take care

Hi Ralph, so you have had two gimbals with same or different problems, man that's frustrating, if I knew it was going to take this long I would have kept the original until they had stocks in, cause the problem I had I reckon I could have done a temporary fix and got vision working in fact that's how I proved it was the Gimbal, but they wanted it back, so tomorrow we enter week Seven and counting and another email goes off to ask the same question, the annoyance is they have stocks of new Gimbals for new clients it's the replacement pile that is empty, anyway while tempers boil we wait, and wait, and wait, as you can see I am not impressed. Cheers, John.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado