Solo Swarm

Reaction score
Is it possible to connect 2 solos to the same controllers and use the mission planner swarm feature?

Ya looks like just have to change the name in the parameters connect both solos to the same controller and connect to APM planner

Seems straight forward and I remember reading and seeing a video a while back showing the procedure in action with two birds. It was a random video that sparked my direction to APM and now Solo.

Is it possible to connect 2 solos to the same controllers and use the mission planner swarm feature?
This has already been tried at NAB 2015 with near disastrous results. Bottom line, since solo uses WiFi for connection between the controller and solo it is near possible, at least with the OOB solo configuration, since by default every solo has the same IP address on the sololink network. At the very least you would need to reassign unique static IP address for each additional solo and know or assign a new MAVLINK ID to each solo and then configure MP to see them via UDP before you could actually attempt this.

That's good info. Should be easy enough to change those to settings. What happened when it was tried before?

That's good info. Should be easy enough to change those to settings. What happened when it was tried before?
There is a youtube video of it somewhere. I was there and personally witnessed the results. As the ID10t 3Dr interns armed the second solo the motors immediately reved up and the solo flew sideways into the protective net. around the 3DR booth. It fell to the ground upright but the intern was unable to disarm it and finally ended up just stepping on it with his foot. It remained at full power until the first solo was powered down and the solo controller was once again able to regain control.

I would hope those issues were solved since then. Maybe I'll connect the and arm it in my unfinished basement first.

Ya could quickly check without props. If it doesn't lift off after being armed for 10 seconds it will shut down.

hello
do you know change solo's static IP address???
please help me
I want to connect two solos in mission planner

hello
do you know change solo's static IP address???
please help me
I want to connect two solos in mission planner

I can't confirm because I never attempted this but seeing as the Solo runs a full blown Linux OS on board the Solo and the controller, the steps should be very similar to a regular Linux box.

However, what I DO worry about is loss of control because I don't know the code well enough to understand the behavior if you do this. Proceed at your own risk and please let us know how it goes.

I can't confirm because I never attempted this but seeing as the Solo runs a full blown Linux OS on board the Solo and the controller, the steps should be very similar to a regular Linux box.

However, what I DO worry about is loss of control because I don't know the code well enough to understand the behavior if you do this. Proceed at your own risk and please let us know how it goes.

I try this despite risk. but I don't know what can I do that..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M