Solo "quick release"

Roy

Reaction score
Hi,
Using the Solo backpack, I find it annoying and precious time consumption for taking off the Solo out the backpack, putting on the props and waiting for "ready for takeoff". This "procedure" together with the GPS satellite tracking takes more than couple of minutes where I lose nice moments (to film) and my wife's patience too :)

It would be great if there was a way or a special accessory to have the Solo ready with the props on, carried on my back ready for quick release and takeoff.

Any ideas or tips?

Reactions: erikgraham
One idea, when you are in an area for possible flight, strap the Solo with props to the outside of the pack with small bungies. Power on the Solo and put the controller inside powered off. When ready to fly, hot swap the battery with a fresh one and turn on the controller. If you are going to fly with a phone/tablet it can be left on as well. When finished with that flight but the other battery back in. Without the motors running the battery should last quit a while. Just an idea.. YMMV

see I look at it just the opposite
the best video is planned video, I use that time to frame the shots in my head, and to just take in the scenery, learned a long time ago that if your not careful you can miss the beauty of experiencing the world when you are too focused on picture or video
If you are feeling annoyed in a beautiful place something aint right

Reactions: Maddog
Hi,
Using the Solo backpack, I find it annoying and precious time consumption for taking off the Solo out the backpack, putting on the props and waiting for "ready for takeoff". This "procedure" together with the GPS satellite tracking takes more than couple of minutes where I lose nice moments (to film) and my wife's patience too :)

It would be great if there was a way or a special accessory to have the Solo ready with the props on, carried on my back ready for quick release and takeoff.

Any ideas or tips?
If you put some foam spacers into the backpack where each leg goes, then it will sit high enough that you can put the Solo into the pack without having to take the props off. But obviously you can't zip it up. But maybe you could leave it unzipped, but close the flap and some how secure it in place with bungies (props would stick out the sides). Just an idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150