Solo Polar PRO LED package

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the LED package. Does it drain the battery? Any bad or good reviews on this product.

Thanks

I've got them.
"Feels" like the battery life is shorter, not scientific test though.

Also their effectiveness passed about 400 feet is very questionable, in day light
Probably wouldn't buy them again.

"Drain the battery" is kind of relative. Sure it "drains" the battery as it is using power. Those LEDs barely suck any power. Maybe knock 20-30 seconds off flight time. I have a strip of 60 leds being run off a Solo battery for a few hours running complex animations. Way more LEDs than you are talking about here.

"Drain the battery" is kind of relative. Sure it "drains" the battery as it is using power. Those LEDs barely suck any power. Maybe knock 20-30 seconds off flight time. I have a strip of 60 leds being run off a Solo battery for a few hours running complex animations. Way more LEDs than you are talking about here.
Are you competing with the Good Year Blimp for airborne advertising?

That would be interesting to see Steve. Do you have any pictures

I have and they help me to know orientation, wouldn't fly without them.

Daylight they do become invisible far out but early morning and dusk they are the goods.

If you want long range visibility then you should use Cree LED's or similar.
Visible to 1km in bright daylight but painful up close.
I have some that are probably visible beyond 1km but haven't fitted them yet, probably better for ground illumination.
And they typically consume only a fraction of what the motors use.

Reactions: Lance
Tell us all how the LEDs go when you have them fitted to solo. Upload a few pics if you can and some part numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks