Solo pad gets wings

Great Job MD! One of the nicest I've ever seen. I need to keep it simple, and this is what I use as needed. I use it reflective side down and black side up..
61w9qMIB15L._SL1000_.jpg

$18.99 with free shipping in the US.. But I would rather have yours!

Wow, nice idea both of you. MD, that is a piece of awesome work, with warning too... nice.
It will be easier for me to get the foldable reflector, I already have it in fact.
U guys are great !!!

Reactions: Maddog
Did you paint it orange or was it a special edition? either way looks a beast, they are a cool looking drone the solo, make the phantom look like a toy.

Yeah @Maddog - first time seeing your solo and looks fantastic. Your landing gear also looks great!

Did you paint it orange or was it a special edition? either way looks a beast, they are a cool looking drone the solo, make the phantom look like a toy.

I need a white or silver SOLO in Texas in the summer. Overheated GPS and PX2 are grounding me between 10-4 pm.

Yep- painted it with Plasti Dip so I can peel it off if I want to change it.

What are the dimensions of the square portion? Is it large enough where you would feel comfortable once you were flying to hit the HOME button and let it come back and land on it by itself?
It is 20" square and the "wings" form a 32" circle.
I would only feel comfortable if I were standing there and completed the landing myself. Because it is raised up, if it missed slightly, or a gust of wind hit it, the legs could "trip" over the edge and cause a crash.

I built it before a lot of the flat, round versions came out. The only real advantage it has is each leg is adjustable and it has built in levels so you can level it. (Back then, Solo was pretty finicky about being level before it would take off).

It is 20" square and the "wings" form a 32" circle.
I would only feel comfortable if I were standing there and completed the landing myself. Because it is raised up, if it missed slightly, or a gust of wind hit it, the legs could "trip" over the edge and cause a crash.

I built it before a lot of the flat, round versions came out. The only real advantage it has is each leg is adjustable and it has built in levels so you can level it. (Back then, Solo was pretty finicky about being level before it would take off).
Interestingly you just hit on something I was pondering and that is adjustable leg height. My SOLO still seems a little finicky about being on a level surface. Last year I bought a 2-way level from Harbor Freight and mounted in on a DIY 360 GoPro panning box I made. It's made by Pittsburgh Tool but I've been back to Harbor Freight looking for another one but can't seem find them there anymore, locally anyway. How did you make your legs adjustable and how much can you adjust them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44